Catch-22 situation with my Amazon order.

Pimpom

Disciple
I ordered some dry dog food from Amazon and it was delivered yesterday (July 5). The ad says "2kg pack (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)" so the quantity should be 4kg as two 2kg packs or four 1kg packs. Well, the package contained only three 1kg packs. It's a non-returnable item so there's no provision for a return or replacement. That's quite straightforward so far. The Catch-22 situation came when I tried to seek help from customer service. The amount of money involved is small but it's a matter of principle.

First I tried Amazon's chat option, but after selecting the item, the robot insisted that I have not received the item yet. The only options offered were to wait or cancel the order. Dead end. No provision for me to continue the chat with a human being and say that I HAVE received it.

Next I went for phone support by clicking the "Call me" button. My phone rang immediately but another robot told me that the item was delayed and might be lost. No option to talk with a human.

Amazon disabled direct email support a long time ago. Considering the amount of idiotic questions and buyer "reviews" on most item pages, I can't really blame their decision. It must have been a nightmare dealing with the tons of stupid emails they used to receive every day.

Another thing: Another minor item - a cover for my printer - was delivered today and the date of delivery is also marked "Delivered today" on my orders list. The item is OK and doesn't need anything done but when I looked it up on my orders list, it said that the return window had closed on June 27, more than one week before it was delivered.

First I tried Amazon's chat option, but after selecting the item, the robot insisted that I have not received the item yet. The only options offered were to wait or cancel the order. Dead end. No provision for me to continue the chat with a human being and say that I HAVE received it.
Just type in the chat "agent" and you'll be connected with a person but I'm pretty sure they can't do anything unless order status is updated to delivered.

That's one thing I forgot to mention. No typing space was provided.
I've used their chat support in the past and when the robot couldn't solve the problem, there was an option to connect to a human agent. But not in this case.

1657137061069.png

I just chatted today regarding something completely unrelated to an order in the evening and even now checked it for you both the time I have an option to send a message. At least on the desktop.

I've used their chat support in the past and when the robot couldn't solve the problem, there was an option to connect to a human agent. But not in this case.
That's been my experience too. Seems things have changed since :(

Are you using a PC or phone ?

I always use a desktop. I had already gone past the screen you showed by clicking "An item I ordered". Now, when I try to start a new chat session, I get only the option to "Continue chat from earlier". And that leads to the same place.
Maybe I'll be able to start a new session if I log off and on again. It's a ridiculous situation.
Nope, that doesn't work either. I just signed off and on. The chat option still offers only to "Continue from earlier".

Last edited:
I always use a desktop. I had already gone past the screen you showed by clicking "An item I ordered". Now, when I try to start a new chat session, I get only the option to "Continue chat from earlier". And that leads to the same place.
Maybe I'll be able to start a new session if I log off and on again. It's a ridiculous situation.
Nope, that doesn't work either. I just signed off and on. The chat option still offers only to "Continue from earlier".
Try to find the option which says get a callback, its there somewhere in the orders section, they'll call you back.
They are nice people, if they are not so nice you can use some *** & some more ****** (Don't do that)

I already went for call back. I got a bot telling me that the item is not yet delivered, same as with the chat bot. No way to proceed further. I mentioned that in my opening post above.

the robot insisted that I have not received the item yet. The only options offered were to wait or cancel the order.
Why not just cancel and get 3 free bags? As a matter of principle, I too try to correct mistakes even though I might stand to not gain monetarily from it, but if a company puts up these many roadblocks I consider that as having made the effort and not worth my time to try to push past it.

Why not just cancel and get 3 free bags? As a matter of principle, I too try to correct mistakes even though I might stand to not gain monetarily from it, but if a company puts up these many roadblocks I consider that as having made the effort and not worth my time to try to push past it.
Doubt he can cancel the order as it is not refundable or returnable.

I ordered some dry dog food from Amazon and it was delivered yesterday (July 5). The ad says "2kg pack (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)" so the quantity should be 4kg as two 2kg packs or four 1kg packs. Well, the package contained only three 1kg packs. It's a non-returnable item so there's no provision for a return or replacement. That's quite straightforward so far. The Catch-22 situation came when I tried to seek help from customer service. The amount of money involved is small but it's a matter of principle.
Did you contact the seller ? they might be able to offer you the difference in your account.

Similar happened to me with a non returnable so there was no point contacting amazon and the seller was courteous and apologised for the mistake.

Did you contact the seller ? they might be able to offer you the difference in your account.

Similar happened to me with a non returnable so there was no point contacting amazon and the seller was courteous and apologised for the mistake.
You can contact amazon for non returnable items, you have to twist their arm.

I thought of contacting the seller but decided to try Amazon CS first. Then all this runaround happened.

I finally managed to reach a human agent 5 minutes ago. He seemed unable to grasp that I received the product but it was short in quantity. Another agent took his place without my asking. The second fellow immediately asked me to send images of the item by email to a given address, but also said that the concerned team was offline now.

This is becoming more and more absurd. But at the same time, it's partly enjoyable guessing what they'll come up with next. If only it didn't happen at a very busy time for me.......... Anyway, I'll send the images tomorrow during their working hours which the agent said is from 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM.

Update: At around 10:30 am today, I sent images of the product to the address provided by the agent last night. The reply came almost exactly one hour later. It said that since the item is non-returnable, a return and replacement is not possible. Instead, they are giving me a full refund. They also said that I don't have to return the product.

The whole process was both frustrating and interesting at the same time, but perseverance paid off in the end. I now have 3kg of dog food for free.

Update: At around 10:30 am today, I sent images of the product to the address provided by the agent last night. The reply came almost exactly one hour later. It said that since the item is non-returnable, a return and replacement is not possible. Instead, they are giving me a full refund. They also said that I don't have to return the product.

The whole process was both frustrating and interesting at the same time, but perseverance paid off in the end. I now have 3kg of dog food for free.
Yes it happens, for non returnable items, they issue a refund and you are allowed to keep the item, seller takes a hit.

It reminds me of this meme.

Some-earrings-I-ordered-on-aliexpress-never-arrived-and-they-asked-for-photo-evidence-meme-3915.png

Should we say
malik happy
kutta happy
bank balance happy
amazon happy
seller sad..

Back