Car & Bike CBR250R Insurance help...

Guys, I meet with an accident on my CBR250R ABS, and now the Left Fairing and gear pedal is totally damaged, and the Handel is bent by about 15*(Degree, only in the left side)

Now I had opted for the 100% insurance over the 50% one, but still these service center guys saying I'll get only 50% on Fiber parts and around 10% on Metal parts... (ICICI Insurance)
(This is my First Accident/Claim)

They are also saying Labour cost will be Rs.2500 which is not covered in insurance...

How much of this is true and what is the real labour chargeable ???

Thanx in Advance

Well as per my experience...Labour charges are borne by insurance company...for fiber and rubber parts, you will get 50%...but on metal parts, you will get full...

In my case, labour charges and handle bar replacement was fully covered by insurance...for fairing I got only 50%...

If you have opted for zero depreciation insurance then Fairing also should be covered 100% ... But you have to specifically tell them that you want to use zero dep cover (AFAIK it can be used only two time a year)...

umm, depends on your insurance mate.

My accident left me with a broken hip and a whole lot damage to my bike.

Broken front cowl
Bent handle bar
bent rear break pedal
nose cone alignment issues
and few more things.

50% plastic
75% metal
75% labor(not sure, could have been 50%)

Thats what my insurance covered and thats exacty what I got.
Ended up paying close to 3.5k with 2000 rupees refund from the insurance people.

Back