CCFrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrr!!!

Shripad

ex-Mod
Well a package was waiting for me today when I got back home.

Without too much talk here are the pics.

I dont know when I will get time to install this, but hoping to install it tomorrow or day after.

Wait for numbers in ocing section ;)

Great !! I beat you to it by 5 days :p Me looking to install it this weekend :ashamed: Bikey's Opty beech gets the first run with this monsta :p Let's see what this beast can do with a 114 CFM Delta / Nidec :devil2:

Guys in office now...all image hosting sites blocked....can u host images on TE.....

or tell me what is it....:)

Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer

I am also looking to buy and replace the TR Ultima 90 :p. How much did it cost you ?

Saiyan said:
Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer

I am also looking to buy and replace the TR Ultima 90 :p. How much did it cost you ?

B33ch !! Buy it for 2k from Prime :p That's a good enough rate for this beast :)

hey shripad, let me know if changing the fans from stock to a higher cfm gives better results?

n nice buy.. waiting to see how it works out.. btw whats the cost?

Well I couldnt resist. I installed it on the test rig :p

And honestly so far, I am forced to wonder how the hell people review heatsinks. If HDT 1284 was suppose to be pathetic and CCF to be better than TRUE, I am not seeing it. This is giving me same and at times even marginally higher temps than my custom tweaked HDT 1284 :|

Testing with same Xigmatek fan that came with Achilles HDT cooler. Not impressed so far :|

Shripad said:
Well I couldnt resist. I installed it on the test rig :p

And honestly so far, I am forced to wonder how the hell people review heatsinks. If HDT 1284 was suppose to be pathetic and CCF to be better than TRUE, I am not seeing it. This is giving me same and at times even marginally higher temps than my custom tweaked HDT 1284 :|

Testing with same Xigmatek fan that came with Achilles HDT cooler. Not impressed so far :|

Oops.. Coming from you, I'd take it to be accurate. Sigh :( I'll still wait for a thorough review from you.

Btw, custom tweaked 1284 ??

Shripad said:
Maybe your eyes are shot or you got a lemon. Has the "burn-in" for the thermal paste completed? What were the ambient temps when checking with the 1284?

I just bent the legs of the HDT slightly up. This ensures that the the pressure with which the heatsink is held in its place is high enough.

I am gonna reset the CCF after lunch. Will report back. Its touching 74C in prime small FFT with CPU @ 4Ghz

1284 reaches 72-73. TRUE does 74-75.

Room temp maintained using A/C constant at 26C so thats not an issue.

I also ran into some issues while setting this cooler up.

The heatsink clip prevents me from mounting this cooler with fan blowing towards the back case fan. The clip hits the northbridge heatsink of Gigabyte X48 and BO both. So I had to install this with fan blowing up. Will post pics soon. This way also the clip comes right above the RAM slot. Swapping memory from 1st slot is PITA like this. Also if your RAM has ramsink, the fan clips hit the RAM module.

@ Bunnyboi : MX2 cough cough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many small quirks with my test setup. Pics coming soon.....

Shripad said:
I just bent the legs of the HDT slightly up. This ensures that the the pressure with which the heatsink is held in its place is high enough.

I am gonna reset the CCF after lunch. Will report back. Its touching 74C in prime small FFT with CPU @ 4Ghz

1284 reaches 72-73. TRUE does 74-75.

Room temp maintained using A/C constant at 26C so thats not an issue.

I also ran into some issues while setting this cooler up.

The heatsink clip prevents me from mounting this cooler with fan blowing towards the back case fan. The clip hits the northbridge heatsink of Gigabyte X48 and BO both. So I had to install this with fan blowing up. Will post pics soon. This way also the clip comes right above the RAM slot. Swapping memory from 1st slot is PITA like this. Also if your RAM has ramsink, the fan clips hit the RAM module.

@ Bunnyboi : MX2 cough cough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many small quirks with my test setup. Pics coming soon.....

Shripad bhai, can you try with the TX-2 when you reset ?

So, its the layout of the DQ6 that's causing the mounting issues then ? Got no other board to try it with the fan blowing towards the rear ? :p

congo :)

i installed a xigmatech s1283 on my friends system yesterday..what a pain that is!!!

what with the rubber fan mounts and push pins :(

Dunno if i should say Congo.
Is the CCF good?
Some links please- meesa lazy? :p
I had seen one that said it wasn't good iirc and didn't check anymore as i planned to stay away from HDT ones anyways. :ashamed:
Freaky said:
Great !! I beat you to it by 5 days Me looking to install it this weekend Bikey's Opty beech gets the first run with this monsta Let's see what this beast can do with a 114 CFM Delta / Nidec
Dawg- i slog on a single core here so that you can do some justice to that 4850 you have while you rma yours. :)
Fook my chip and i take a E8600 from you. :devil2:

And just checked- get a good psu first. :|
_pappu_ said:
congo :)
i installed a xigmatech s1283 on my friends system yesterday..what a pain that is!!!
what with the rubber fan mounts and push pins :(
100th typo for the same??
Xigmatek- not xigmatech. :cool2:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Dawg- i slog on a single core here so that you can do some justice to that 4850 you have while you rma yours. :)
Fook my chip and i take a E8600 from you. :devil2:

And just checked- get a good psu first. :|

Hope to God that you don't have this ability of making stuff go kaput by just mentioning them :| (*Touchwood*)

Back