CCFrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrr!!!

well its not like ccf is too bad. But I was expecting some improvements. Thats clearly not there with E7200 clocked at 4Ghz.

I have reset the Heatsink to make sure it was not the mount issue. Its wasnt. Still giving same temps.

I didnt buy this to replace my xigmatek. It stays as I need 2 good heatsinks anyway. 1 for 24x7 PC and other for review / bench setup. but there are obvious design flaws. They have sacrificed the perfect layout for the ease of installation. It took me less than 2 mins to install the heatsink once the motherboard was out.

Those on S1283/4/ TRUE need not upgrade as they are not getting much.

How abt a comparison between the Xigmatek, vendetta, tru and this one....would answer a lot of queries....

I personally like the Tru....why because I have it....:rofl:

Shripad said:
well its not like ccf is too bad. But I was expecting some improvements. Thats clearly not there with E7200 clocked at 4Ghz.

I have reset the Heatsink to make sure it was not the mount issue. Its wasnt. Still giving same temps.

I didnt buy this to replace my xigmatek. It stays as I need 2 good heatsinks anyway. 1 for 24x7 PC and other for review / bench setup. but there are obvious design flaws. They have sacrificed the perfect layout for the ease of installation. It took me less than 2 mins to install the heatsink once the motherboard was out.

Those on S1283/4/ TRUE need not upgrade as they are not getting much.

This with the TX-2 ?

Freaky said:
Hope to God that you don't have this ability of making stuff go kaput by just mentioning them :| (*Touchwood*)

As a matter of fact, some do think so- Bikey baba bola, toh samjho hua. :bleh:

Just kidding, but i am serious on the psu part- get a good one before Antec literally POPs a surprise on you. :p

today me was trying the xigmateK (for u bikey :p ) HDT s1283 on a Q6600 and that gave 74-75degrees at 3.5ghz at 1.43 volts approx

its ok right?? or is something messed up :D

Congrats on the purchase...:)

Anyone tried these HDT HSF's with Quads? I had almost decided on getting the TRUE 120 in lieu of Vendetta 2 and Sunbeam CCF, but the TRUE is available with Amarbir, so settling for Vendetta 2 along with a Thermalright bolt-through kit. No way I am going to install a 600gm HSF with plastic push pins.

^^well the xigmatek HDT s1283 (3 heatpipes mind u..not 4 ) is around 15degrees cooler(at orthos) compared to the stock Q6600 heatsink at 3ghz(1.28volts)

this is with the push pins(which a utter crap)...ordering bolt-through kit and better fan soon

but as the volts increase, the heat goes up way too fast (as stated above, 74-75 at 3.5ghz@1.43volts)

ofcourse it will be much MUCH better for 45nm quads

Ok so today when I got some time, I decided to put in the stock fan that came with the cooler. And there is big improvement in temps. This is high speed fan operating at max speed. Its not exactly loud. Slightly little more noisy than Xigmatek fan. So looks like this cooler loves the fast / high cfm fans.

Warning to probable buyers : Dont touch the fan blades at edge. They are razer sharp. And dont even by mistake put your finger there when its moving, it will probably chop it off.

The edges of blades are extremely sharp. Cut my finger badly when i was just holding it in my hands :p

Shripad said:
Ok so today when I got some time, I decided to put in the stock fan that came with the cooler. And there is big improvement in temps. This is high speed fan operating at max speed. Its not exactly loud. Slightly little more noisy than Xigmatek fan. So looks like this cooler loves the fast / high cfm fans.

Warning to probable buyers : Dont touch the fan blades at edge. They are razer sharp. And dont even by mistake put your finger there when its moving, it will probably chop it off.

The edges of blades are extremely sharp. Cut my finger badly when i was just holding it in my hands :p
thts a huge improvement....9 degree difference :S

guess running it on stock or super high CFM fan is good for this cooler

Shripad said:

Delta / Nidec, here I come :devil2:

Shripad, scared all us CCF fans :mad:

@ the fan thing - :O I was handling it with bare hands when I took home from Abhi's place :p

Shripad said:

Seriously thanks for letting us know about. Cutting my finger badly is the last thing i would want. Had you not told this, i would have been playing around with the fan :S.

@ all those who asked. This was arranged for me by Mnemonic.

@ Saiyan : seriously. The fan thing is not a joke. Those who are buying it see for yourself when you get it. They should put the warning on the box or on the fan sticker :p

Shripad said:
The fan thing is not a joke. Those who are buying it see for yourself when you get it. They should put the warning on the box or on the fan sticker

I understand what you mean. I had cut my finger twice with Glacialtech LED fan. Once when I was blowing it with my vacuum cleaner (fan was spinning twice than it's rated speed)... second time it was spinning in my cabinet on normal power/speed and I thought it won't be as dangerous as last incident. Turned out I was wrong.

OT

@SunnyBoi: what the hell your siggy means? "Poon Poon Pata Poon!!! Pata Pata Pata Poon!!!" ??

Back