ccna or not?

Kalopsia

Disciple
This is really bugging me. My primary interest has always been Web design/development. But recently a friend has asked me whether I'd like to do ccna with him.

My problems are:
I'm a arts graduate.
I don't have plus two.
I'm not sure If I can launch a career with ccna.
A little history:
During plus two, dad wanted me to join for computer engg at NTTF in banglore. I joined mainly because of his persuasion, I had to discontinue plus two and go for it. but it didn't work out. it's after coming back I did my diploma in multimedia, and php/mysql and BA in sociology.

I'm fairly familiar with hardware side of things; but have little or nothing to show for it. Not having plus two or graduation in a computer engg will be a deciding factor against me?

If you want to do job in a big organisation, certifications and degrees does matter.
Otherwise, even if you get a job, chances of getting higher posts /promotions become tough.

a friend of mine has done ccna, and was he was doing bba in the meantime as well. He got a job as a faculty in an training center I guess.

Yes. But the pay isn't that good. It never crossed 15k for me. I tried going freelance but it's always like this:

490e.jpg

Also, my cousin has discouraged me from doing it, saying people who even have B.Tech + ccna has been working for a salary around 4k.

Kalopsia said:
Yes. But the pay isn't that good. It never crossed 15k for me. I tried going freelance but it's always like this:

490e.jpg

Also, my cousin has discouraged me from doing it, saying people who even have B.Tech + ccna has been working for a salary around 4k.
lol :lol:

Well...first set up your mind. Though knowing little bit networking would nourish your web developing skills....but if you want to be in WEB proffessional certificates are not needed.

If you're looking to change your domain. Go for it. I understand your feelings because I also like Developing, Networking, Security, Web etc. all. :D

But I don't want degrees. I just want to know. I just want knowledge. Thats all :)

Pursue what you're passionate about. Don't just consider something because your friend asked you to.

In your case, I would suggest learning other aspects of web design and development, to become a knowledgeable professional in that field. :)

thetoxicmind said:
Pursue what you're passionate about. Don't just consider something because your friend asked you to.

In your case, I would suggest learning other aspects of web design and development, to become a knowledgeable professional in that field. :)
Yes...That's right..!! :)

Kalopsia said:
I am assuming you had Indian clients, the story is different with clients who pay in dollars :)

Back