Storage Solutions cd writer probs

hi i have a weird prob with my writer not sure is it the writer or operating system when i use my cdwriter to install or play it stops responding after a few min.. and even the icon in my computer is not shown the writer is a liteon and the system is just 25 days old plz help thanks

Hey Mate...

Posting ur susyem congfig also might help a bit .....

Is ur Cd writer playing anything at all ? Like an ACD or a movie or sumthing ?

Do u mean to say absolutly no cd is responding ?

Gud Luc

Cheerz

hi the system config is
amd64 939(3200+), msi rs480m2 motherboard ,transcend400mhz(512mb),liteon cdrw sohr5239s
the cdwriter doesnt play interactive cds it gets stuck after playing for a few minutes even the same probs will installing games tried cleaning the cdrw it did clean the first time when i ran it again it got stuck yhe same probs as mentioned plz help thank u

yogi1771 posted 5.08 minutes later:

one more thing when this happens its not shown even in the device manager have to restart the system to be shown in the device manager or even in my computer :huh:

the prob is other cds work perfectly fine but a few cds create probs but at the same time these problematic cds work fine in my other system which is more than 2yrs old it too has a liteon cdrw sohr5238s as u can c it is a older firmware than the one present (writers r 1yr old)

My liteon writer same model stopped writing n reading, (1 month old) gave it back got a different one (same model), stopped working yesterday. :(

Hey M8...

It cud be the lens prob......Its dead or may be the molex cable prob....

Try using the drive in ur old pc if u still have it and see how it performs....

Reply with tht...

Gud Luck

Back