Storage Solutions CD writer woes

Decius

Adept
Hi all

I have a Liteon CD Writer (LTR 52327s) which i got an year ago, the prob is that all of sudden it just reads CDs at random, sometimes it reads sometimes it does not, especially the CR -R. What cud b the issue, dirty lens... or the lens has gone kaput :huh:, time for me to bid goodbye to Liteon eh? thou i bought this drive after doing lot of reading in this as well as other forums. Dunno what's wrong with the drive :(
Thanx in advance.

most probably due to some misalignment/dirty lens..... get a good lens cleaner , and if it doesn;t help, get it to some "experienced" "servicewallah",
he'll fix it for u for abt rs 100 :)

Update:

I gave my cd-writer at service center.. they returned it today..but now other problem cropped up. Now CD reads r fine..but i cant write CDs :( sometimes i get fixation error, sometime power calibration error. I tried updating Nero, uninstalling and reinstalling it, even tried default burner of XP but nothing seems to work, tried quite a few CDs but to no avail.. its the same with each CD. grrrr

Decius said:
Update:

I gave my cd-writer at service center.. they returned it today..but now other problem cropped up. Now CD reads r fine..but i cant write CDs :( sometimes i get fixation error, sometime power calibration error. I tried updating Nero, uninstalling and reinstalling it, even tried default burner of XP but nothing seems to work, tried quite a few CDs but to no avail.. its the same with each CD. grrrr

Change the media. Use MBI or Sony discs.

Back