CDMA high end phone

This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Touch

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Capacitative

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Android

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: CDMA.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None

Very few decent cdma phones with warranty are launched in

India. Without warranty however, you can get a lot of good cdma phones from ebay.

Htc rezound, Evo 3d, Galaxy epic 4g touch, Sprint/Verizon galaxy nexus and so on.

CDMA and High End phones does not gel well in the Indian CDMA scenario.
<

You could look at getting the Palm Pixi (from abroad or even locally) if you think of it as a high end phone.

recently axis bank launched axis android app for bank account management. Unfortunately my Samsung Galaxy S i500 cdma handset is US imported and the axis app doesn't recognise it as Indian territory based handset.

It's MEID registered with reliance. I also tried changing the locale to India (English) and still the axis app won't install displaying message says that this application is not available in your region.

So there are always downsides to imported CDMA handsets. Ebay sellers sell imported handsets.

On the brighter side they are cheaper than handsets available from Reliance outlets and you are willing to forgo the little quirks. Not to mention the amount of handset choices available.

Back