cell phone shops in chennai?

well, frankly saying, got the idea from cayotee... :)
thought of asking u ppl... where to look for.. in chennai
my range is 10-15k..this is a old thing now i know, and u ppl will be bored of my repeated askings but still.. it will be good for other ppl too na..

heard of univercell a lot.. is it nice?

Avoid UniverCell - Waaaaayyyyyyy tooooo costly than other showrooms. For all their show and name. There are quite a few shops in Ritchie Street which offer mobiles at good rates with a proper bill and warranty. U'll have to hunt for those though.

Extend ur budget a lil' and get the SE K750i. U'll not regret it :)

Umm...I'd any day suggest a Symbian phone unless I was talking to a Technophobe :bleh: (which certainly you aren't freaky ;)

Symbian hones start arnd 10 K these days

Yeah SE K750i:lick: and as freaky told you wont regret it. If not then go for Nokia 6630.Me too have an eye on both these mobiles only problem is my dad is not giving me money:(

i got my k750i at spencers in the shop next to music world.. prices were about 1k cheaper than univercell and it was a proper phone (as opposed to being a grey one)

next to music world? arre, say the name of the shop na..how much is the price? i thought of 6630,, but its awkward shape!!! ugh!! :(
@superczar: i dint get u?

Last edited by a moderator:
U can also try Studio Cell where rates are very good with proper bill.

And there aren't hundred Music World's in Spencers :bleh: So, finding the shop isn't an issue at all. And also there are many such shops in Spencers. So getting the mobile should not be a problem at all :)

as above..

anyway go to spencers 1st phase and go up the escalator in front of foodworld if you turn arn you ll be facing music world and next to it theres a home appliances store with a cell phone counter.. thats the one i was talking about

my friend got a k700i from the univercell at velechery and it turned out to be grey and sony wouldnt honour the warranty and univercell wouldnt service it either.. probably a one off case but better head over to the service center on greams road to verify ur warranty ;)

bottle said:
my friend got a k700i from the univercell at velechery and it turned out to be grey and sony wouldnt honour the warranty and univercell wouldnt service it either.. probably a one off case but better head over to the service center on greams road to verify ur warranty ;)

Why in f***ing hell wouldn't UniverCell service it when the piece is bought there ? This is pure daylight robbery - Those ba*****s should be made to pay for this :mad:

my dad gave me 10k today saying to buy a mobile:) ........................... for his friend:( as a New year gift. So will be browsing through spencers and ritchie tommorrow.

BTW how much for the k700i and Nokia 6600??? also how good is k700i when compared with 6600 except for the memory option.

P.S. I am using Nokia 3315:( and he is buying his friend a mobile for 10k:mad: j/k:p

UNIVERCELL IS THE WORST. AVOID THEM. i'd bought 2 6630s from them and yet they weren't helpful in anyway when i wanted to buy two more. so i went to this place called Iconet in Adyar and bought 2 6630's for 13k each when Univercell was charging 14,500. really nice people who pay attention to the customer's needs

^You should check out Panasonic x700 symbian smartphone, its functionally similar to Nokia 6600, but looks a lot more cooler, it should be around 10k

Back