Car & Bike central locking prob

h4x0R

Adept
Hi all,

When i press "U'' button on my remote control the car wont unlock the doors the red led flashes on the remote! now i have to open the door manually.i have Alto LXI, i started the car it started without any probs. today i noticed the petrol indicator showing low? What could be the problem? low fuel? :huh:

um, what exactly is your problem?

either way, you have a maruti car. You guys already have the best after sales service in india unlike us poor tata and fiat owners who have to diagnose things ourselves :p

just take it to the service center and they should be able to fix it :p

greenhorn said:
um, what exactly is your problem?
either way, you have a maruti car. You guys already have the best after sales service in india unlike us poor tata and fiat owners who have to diagnose things ourselves :p
just take it to the service center and they should be able to fix it :p

Yeh, Also they slap a huge bill on your face after servicing the car :mad: ( here in hyd). The car wont Unlock when i press unlock button ''U' the small red led flashes on remote (just once) and refuses to unlock.

As greenhorn, check the battery on the remote. Also, doesn't the car security system come with their own warranty from the manufacturer ? What's ur car security system brand ?

h4x0R said:
today i noticed the petrol indicator showing low? What could be the problem? low fuel? :huh:
duh thats what the indicator is for. :p

as for the remote unlock problem, i guess the battery is dying. try a new battery and see if it works.

I have Scorpio central locking system installed, i tried to open with the 2nd key the same thing happens small red flashes(once) and the doors wont open. :mad: should i change batteries for both remotes.

2nd key? i think generally the 1st key opens the door lock. on my remote the 2nd key just changes the sound that goes when locked/unlocked.

h4x0R said:
Hi all,

When i press "U'' button on my remote control the car wont unlock the doors the red led flashes on the remote! now i have to open the door manually.i have Alto LXI, i started the car it started without any probs. today i noticed the petrol indicator showing low? What could be the problem? low fuel? :huh:

Trust me the low fuel has got nothing to do with your remote ... j/k :p

Just take both your remotes to an electronics shop that keeps batteries for them. Have them checked there and get the batteries changed if low. And while returning, get some fuel for your ride :bleh:

h4x0R said:
The remotes are under warranty can i get free battery replacement from dealer.

Batteries are not covered under warranty. Instead of going to the dealer and haggle for the batteries, you'll spend less time and money by purchasing the batteries from a watch/electronics store, if after replacing the batteries they still do not work then contact the dealer for warranty.

I thought car remote batteries are different not regular types. so i asked could i get the batteries from dealer! and the low fuel prob i noticed the red led flashin on the remote i thought its reporting low fuel. not battery low lolz :p

Back