CeX India

sid41299

Disciple
I'm looking to buy an Xperia XA1 (from CeX India. It's for my mom, so just basic smartphone stuff, and it'll be a nice cheap (Rs. 4,000) drop-in replacement for her R1 Plus.

What I want to know is if the site/chain is legit with their 24-Month Warranty, and if the phone itself is good for it's price and intended use.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

No personal experience with them but I know a lot of people who have used them in the past.

May I ask why are you looking for an Xperia phone in particular, Sony smartphones have been out of the Indian market for quite some time.

No personal experience with them but I know a lot of people who have used them in the past.
And they had good experiences?

May I ask why are you looking for an Xperia phone in particular
Like I said, it'll be a drop in replacement for my mom, who has been using Xperia phones for years. It's almost like just a spec-bumped version of the phone she just damaged, rather than a totally new experience. She doesn't want to use a Chinese phone, Samsung's OneUI will take some getting used to for her, and she doesn't like Motos as they are too heavy, so I feel this is a good option till I can import a 10 iii or iv.

And they had good experiences?
Yeah they have generally had good experiences but they haven't purchased an old phone from them.

Like I said, it'll be a drop in replacement for my mom, who has been using Xperia phones for years. It's almost like just a spec-bumped version of the phone she just damaged, rather than a totally new experience. She doesn't want to use a Chinese phone, Samsung's OneUI will take some getting used to for her, and she doesn't like Motos as they are too heavy, so I feel this is a good option till I can import a 10 iii or iv.
That makes sense, given Xperia's UI was pretty close to stock, however if you can afford it, I'd say go with a used Pixel, you get much better software and it would last you longer as well, it will be a big jump in price but it should last long enough to make up for it.

Last edited:
I have sold a lot of stuff to them and the experience selling is good and they take a good time to test the product, I had to usually wait for around 15-20 min when they were testing out keyboards and around 30-458min when I sold consoles, I had once sold a Corsair k55 keyboard which was in next to new condition but they marked it to "Grade B" for minor scratches that could have been removed by wiping it with a damp cloth so you can trust their grading quality.

As far as warranty goes you should check their terms of service https://in.support.webuy.com/suppor...0000944276-what-is-your-store-returns-policy-
and their FAQ section : https://in.support.webuy.com/support/home
It might not be exactly the type of warranty you're expecting.

I bought a used PS5 last year from them with 24 months warranty. It was in very good condition with no marks of usage (basically looked like new). Not sure about the original remaining warranty from SONY.

Back