Change of ISP using the same ADSL router

cyberwar

Disciple
Hi,

I recently bought this WIFI modem/router, Dlink DSL-2750U for my BSNL connection.

But I am now changing my ISP to yashtel, available only in my city who provides internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem along with it which i can connect to my PC using a RJ 45 LAN cable.
Is there a way i can connect my WIFI ADSL router using this RJ 45 connection using an adapter or something? I dont want to again buy a new wifi router. Please help/advice. Thank you

Connect lan cable to the WAN port of the 2750u. Had this been a TP LINK product, configuration would have been automatic. But dunno about dlink switch it to just router mode.

And you are good to go.

Connect lan cable to the WAN port of the 2750u. Had this been a TP LINK product, configuration would have been automatic. But dunno about dlink switch it to just router mode.

And you are good to go.
Good to know that it works. Thanks. Could anybody please let me know where to change the settings on my router page. Even if you could let me know with respect to tplink modem, I will try relating it to my dlink modem. Thanks again

In tplink modem plus router page , there is an option in router setup to use it just as router and switch off modem part.

open 192.168.1.1 , password might be admin and username admin (in most cases ) , change settings there.

In tplink modem plus router page , there is an option in router setup to use it just as router and switch off modem part.

open 192.168.1.1 , password might be admin and username admin (in most cases ) , change settings there.
Is it changing to bridge mode. I couldnt find a setting to change to router mode anywhere in the modem page.

Back