Change of Work Location in the same Company

Hi guys,

My friend is working in Chennai in an IT Company and he needs a transfer to Bangalore in the same company. The HR and the center heads are asking for reasons for the transfer.

Can u guys suggest some solid reasons so that my friend gets the transfer without any problem?

Instead of saying something concrete, he can conveniently say that he wants to move because of some personal family issues that he cannot disclose to HR. The HR cannot cannot ignore such a reason and neither can they ask him to disclose the same.

The maximum details your friend should have to divulge "personal family reasons, need to move to city XXXXX". That is about it. HR or who ever in the company, have no right to ask further. Of course they have the option to refuse the the site location.

Here is Solid reason...

Chennai has lots of humidity & He has problem in breathing due to humid sea air :p

Go to any doc & get some asthma/sinus infection certificate for 100 Rs

Good to go.. ;)

apextwin146 said:
Is your friend from Infosys? If Yes then none of the things mentioned above would ever work except the marriage advice.
Hehe well said :D Even then i've had friends who've had upto 6 months delay in getting the transfer. I mean, c'mon, 6 months after marriage and the couple is apart?? sad!

thanks a lot guys for ur replies,
good thing is he is not from infosys, and moreover the family reasons he has already told.

the thing is already so many ppl have tried in getting a transfer and all have already mention the above said reasons.
So now he has to come up with his own solid reason

Vince said:
Hehe well said :D Even then i've had friends who've had upto 6 months delay in getting the transfer. I mean, c'mon, 6 months after marriage and the couple is apart?? sad!
Damn!!! 6 months after marriage!!!.. What kind sadistic ppl are they ..
Though Here is Mysore they say finish your marriage ceremony and honey moon in 2 weeks flat :p

apextwin146 said:
Is your friend from Infosys? If Yes then none of the things mentioned above would ever work except the marriage advice.
Exactly....HRs ae a$$holes and nothing will work. Even if you are on death bed, they wont transfer you. Better Quit Outfosys...

Companies generally are pretty hesitant when it comes to entertaining transfer requests from employees if they are new, non-performer, cannot entertain vertical movement, no suitable profile in the other location, better options at the other place and several other reasons

So the reason that a company will say no is quite a lot. If your friend doesn't fit into any of the other criteria, the company has no reason to ask so many questions for a transfer. Then you can stick with the standard personal reason. But as I have helped few people in getting their transfers [specifically to Bangalore at least in my company] they are usually more open to the idea of movement if you are forthcoming about what exactly and how dire your personal reasons are.

Back