Changing router from Tplink MR3620 to Tplink C7

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am going to change my 3620 and moving to archer c7
I have changed the Mac address of C7 and replaced it with that of 3620 so that I don't have go after the cable company.
Have by and large added the settings Correctly as well but still there is no internet, via wifi or lan.

Can you guys guide how can I clone the settings and the Mac from 3620 to C7 to get the internet working.

Thanks

BTW I am on fiber bb with 130mbps connection and the ont device is SYROTECH

You would have to explain your setup first. Why would you need to change MAC address on the ONT?
Not ont, copied the mac of 3620 and changed in C7
Only after that it got connected but not forwarding the internet via wifi or lan

I'm assuming you login through new wifi router and not through the ONT. Are you able to successfully login? What does it say?

Secondly, do check if you have changed the MAC of the WAN port and not the LAN port. I think on some routers you can change the LAN MAC id too.

Thirdly, would suggest you to go with the native MAC of your new router. I know it's hassle to get MAC updated at the ISP and I also avoided doing it. But in the long run somebody is going to have to reset that router someday and you may not remember the original MAC in that case.

Back