Charging Different devices with varying charging technology

With myriad number of devices , each with thier own charging bricks , what is the solution for them ?
For example i have one plus , which uses dash charging , samsung tab , which uses different charging technology. If we misplace a charging brick then these wont charge with maximum capacity. Is there any charging port / hub which is capable of supporting all devices ?

1_7.jpg

Not really because most use proprietary fast charging protocols. With the exception of Apple and Google who went with Intel. So chargers will be interchangeable between those two.

The rest came up with their own fast-charging protocols just to save on paying royalties to either Qualcomm or Intel.

Samsung's adaptive fast charging only happens with their charger with c to c cable for 25W

When i hook up my 100W laptop charger to the S20FE it won't charge faster than 15W which happens to be the same as the included adapter in the box.

If I use my power bank with an A to C cable the S20FE won't charge faster than 8W (!) but if a C to C cable is used then it reaches 15W from the same power bank.

15W in is good enough for me. The difference with a 25W charger is like ten minutes for a phone. Where it will matter is if you use it with a bigger device which has a bigger battery like a tab.

You can see the charging power going in with an inline meter like this one for USB-C ports.

Last edited:
Wish there was one stop solution for all these. To carry multiple chargers just for the sake of faster charging in this era is ridiculous. I get it , that each have thier own technology for charging. I think its better to label them properly as soon as we get it.

Why do you need faster than 15W for a phone?

Samsung and Apple don't offer faster than 25W. Because the difference from 25W to 60W or more is small. It looks fast starting from zero with the phone powered off but who does that or runs their battery down that far? I recharge either at 70% or 30%. Once you cross 70% it will be slow charging with even the fastest charger out there. 30 to 70 on fast isn't that much in time, a few minutes?

Slower charging means less heating means a longer battery life now that all our phones are sealed watertight (!)

In hotter climates ambient close to 40 you might have to intentionally use a slower charger or 8W otherwise once the battery temperature crosses 45 degrees C the charger will automatically slow down the rate of charging.

Pick a charger or power bank that will work with all your phones and you're good or one that can charge several. Look at those Gallium Arsenide ones. Quite small compared to regular size for what they can put out.

Back