Cheap calling from Australia to India

raksrules

Elite
My friend is in Australia and is seeking some help on finding the best way to call India. What the cheaper options available ?
Please assume that in India there is no internet available at his home so skype to skype etc is not possible. Calls will be made to either landlines or mobiles only.
Please suggest.

Check www.spokn.com they have the best call rates if compared with skype and can use on multiple devices(Desktop windows and mac, sip phones, iPhone, Balckberry and even if you don't have internet then you can use their call back service or access line numbers to call. Its an awesome service.

Check their pricing here Pricing | Spokn

^^Ok i plan to tell my friend to use some reliable VOIP based provider for primary calling but additionally will tell him to also use Rebtel for situations where there is no access to internet and calling is needed.

How does it sound ?

Should be good enough :).Mobile or landline calling will be expensive than voip as the providers still depend of using voip but the good thing is u need to call a toll free number.When he has wifi he can use Jumblo its the cheapest i have come across been using it from 1.5 years had no issues till date :).

a lebara sim can be picked up anytime... with or without offer.

in my humble opinion if he needs to talk so much and so cheap , there will be a trade off on cost / quality / quantity

some of the solutions here are good but damn intricate just to make calls...

hence i would still say use lebara - nothing beats the convenience of picking up a phone and dialing home.

lebara anyways is a low cost provider, so even without offers its still cheap

unless your friend really wants to redefine cheap!

Anything for the reverse .... i.e. calling from India to Australia

Need a VoIP provider for calling from Indian landline to Australian landline/mobile. Using Airtel broadband in India

Back