Cheap cellphone needed

Emil

Skilled
I need to buy one more cell phone. This one needs to be absolutely cheap and basic. No frills at all.

Basic requirements:

1. Very easy to use.

2. Loud enough ring.

3. Very good talk time and standby time.

4. Reliable and rugged.

5. Low cost. (1k - 2K range)

Colour display would be good but not essential. SE brand is preferable but not essential primarily because all the other phones at home are SE and it would help that the chargers are interchangeable.

I am looking for low startup cost. For very low usage, mainly incoming, would the bundled packages offered by Airtel and Hutch be worthwhile considering?

Again our other phones are either Airtel otr Trump/Dolphin so same service provider would help.

BTW I'm in Mumbai.

Or u can also take a look at Motorola C257 for 1.8k...

Remarkably thin and surprisingly affordable, the Motorola C257 balances connectivity and style. Its contemporary look features a large and vibrant color display and is complemented by hi-tech capabilities, including Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and polyphonic ringtones. With an speakerphone, downloadable screensavers and preloaded games, the Motorola C257 provides the balance between fun and productivity that you need for climbing the corporate ladder or navigating your social calendar.

Or get the Motorola C139+Airtel bundle offer for 1.99k...

The C139 is packed with features including a 65,000 colour TFT display, multi-character phonebook search with internal phonebook storage, SMS, vCard, calendar/datebook with alarm, downloadable ringtones, and an impressive 700 minutes of talk time/ 450 hours of standby time. The phone also includes enhanced usability features such as zoom font, which displays enlarged characters when entering numbers, and Motorola’s illuminating Lantern technology.

Also Samsung C210 is available for 1.8k...got a 65k screen and 40 channel polyphony...

Hope tht helps....:)

^^yeah rit..its not available at shops but univercell has got it in stock...anyways, C257 is a very good option in this price range with the speakerphone...or take a look at samsung c210 or nokia 1600...:) imho, 1100 is too bland..these options are priced similar and offer better features..and a color screen..

Thanks all of you for the info. The Moto C139 looks great for its 700 minutes talk time. The Airtel call centre ppl don't seem to speak about it. Couldn't find details of the Moto C257 or the Samsung C210 anywhere.

@Ice the SE J100i is available at under 2K and also as a bundle offer from Airtel.

The Nokia 1100 is certainly out of it. The hot contenders right now are are SE J100i and the Moto C139 if it is still available.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Took a look at the specs of Moto C257, the Samsung C210 and Samsung C140 which also is under Airtel bundle offer.

Private Ryan is that 1.8K price for the first two easy to get? Any idea of the unbundled price for the C140? It has a really great standby time of upto 497 hours. Is that realistic?

If this might help, the phone is for my wife. She wants to keep it simple with only the basic features as she is unlikely to use more than just calls and SMS. Standby time is important because she'll forget to charge it and I'll have to do it for her. Usage will be very minimal, more for incoming and a little bit of outgoing.

^^Well i think then SE J100 is ur best bet..yup, it is available under 2k...and imho SE is better than samsung or moto qualitywise...

as for the price of the moto c257 and samsung c210..its easily available for 1.9k..so i guess after a bit of bargaining u can get it for 1.8k....

Forget all tht..get the J100...:) meets all ur requirements..

I bought a phone on Saturday. In the end I was leaning towards the Moto C168 because it had all we needed plus FM radio. At the moment of purchase my wife said she will never use the radio so why not go for the motofone F3. Why not indeed. Got it at Alfa for Rs 1475/-

Pros: Good, low battery consumption, Clear display in any light, comfortable keypad, very good network sensitivity, simple operation, loud ringtone, rugged (seems to be proof against dropping), slim.

Cons: No features apart from basic calls and messages (didn't need them anyway), starburst display as opposed to dot matrix, crude and simple manual.

Back