Cheap Guitars? (axe) /:

brad

Disciple
Hey guys,
I'm a poor guitarist...I play a "Giveson" acoustic guitar...from years.

Btw...I'm more interested in Rock music now..and can't afford a electric guitar..:(

Can anyone suggest a cheap electric guitar + amp combo...:ashamed:

Budget: As low as possible..I don't want a Fender Strat :p any average axe will do.:(

Any suggestion?? :huh:

Thanx in advance,
Brad..

PS: I really love playing guitars..Its a passion.. but..can I get an axe? :S

yeah...almost forgot..

The Amp should have distortion ....unit.. plz :)

1. What kinda budget are you working with - 5k, 10k, 15k?

2. Where do you live?

3. No Indian amps have decent built-in distortion, so you'd have to look at a Peavey or Marshal 15 or 30w practice amp which will set you back by 8-10k. Keep this in mind when you're replying with your budget.

Hmm...I want some thing as cheap as possible..

About 4.5-5k for the axe

and 3.5-4k for amp...

Total about 7k-9k..

I'm from Mumbai.. :)

BTW!!! is 5k axe+amp possible???

you cn get d Java Strat for 4.5k its a replica of the american stratocaster bt the sound quality isnt as gud as fenders bt for 4.5k its a gud deal...i hv the java strat and its gud 4 playing grunge and rock...

you'll have to find a second hand guitar in that price sorry. it dosent make sense buying a cheapass guitar which dosent sound good at all, and playing it, cause you'll lose interest in playing quickly.

secondly, what do you need the amp for? if just for practicing at home, then a 15 watt marshall will do. but if you ever wanna play with other (like with a drummer) forget about anything below 30 watts... the drums WILL drown a 15 watt ANYTHING even on the OD channel with higest gain. So, if you wanna jam with someone, a look at the Stranger NS 30 (its not a very great amp, but it has a dist channel, its LOUD, and at 4500, its priced the same as the 15watt marshall)

brad, you'd have to settle for an Indian manufactured strat... head over to Furtados and look around for one that's within your budget, but take someone along who knows a little about guitars so he can help select a good one for you.

Check your PS1 sale thread... I have an NS30 that I don't use anymore, if you can bear shipping I'll part with it for your PS1 ;) The distortion on this amp, as with any other Indian amp, sucks. This way, however, you can spend more cash on getting a better guitar.

theres this guy cliffy in bandra who sells some killer second hand guitars. you'll find some good guitars starting from about 12-13k

12k only for the axe is outtta my budget...:(

I can afford ~8k (for both) max....and that...too not currently...Hv to save money for a few months..:(

Btw...anyways...If I get RiO's amp...then I'll be able to get a axe for about 5.5-6k next month :)

Till then 19 year old Giveson "Zindabad" :)

brad, the amp's electronics are screwed I think... controls are scratchy from lack of usage and the notes just die (basically no sustain so notes don't ring out)... I can't give you the amp in this condition, it's basically useless so sell your PSone to any other takers and give me another week to find someone who can fix this.

Cliffy's the man to go to for good second hand guitars in bombay, i recommend him too. and if you like a guitar at Bajaoo.com, just go to SB Music, Malad and mostly you'll get what you want there.

SB music?? I live in Malad West,Evershine Nagar...where exactly is it??

@RiO...thanx for telling me dude..I understand..:)

brad said:
SB music?? I live in Malad West,Evershine Nagar...where exactly is it??
@RiO...thanx for telling me dude..I understand..:)

sb music is in evershine nagar :p
shop no 34 , grnd floor . talk to ashish , he is the owner :)

puns said:
sb music is in evershine nagar :p
shop no 34 , grnd floor . talk to ashish , he is the owner :)

In Gurukrupa building??Beside the bakery?? I think the shop has closed..now.. :huh:

Back