Cheap Guitars? (axe) /:

Both those amps are similar in tone... I'd pick the Marshall over the Laney because of the crunchier distortion, however. Both won't play very loud, but should be decent for your room... btw, I dropped my amp off at a friend's who said he'll get it repaired by the weekend. I'm not sure if you want it still though because it's been out of warranty for at least 3 years :D

Code:
SB Music, Shop No 16, Gurukupa Chs. Evershine Nagar.

if you think its closed or summin, contact Ashish on his cellphone/email

Code:
Ashish Modasia: 9820884523

btw, if you have orkut, here's the SB Music Community if you wanna ask around there for more info: orkut - Login

RiO said:
Both those amps are similar in tone... I'd pick the Marshall over the Laney because of the crunchier distortion, however. Both won't play very loud, but should be decent for your room... btw, I dropped my amp off at a friend's who said he'll get it repaired by the weekend. I'm not sure if you want it still though because it's been out of warranty for at least 3 years :D

Ohh...thanx a lot RiO :) Yea...I'll wait and see if your NS30 can be fixed..

@ Powersurge....thanx buddy...Its just a walk to my house.. I'll go and see..there...

Btw..does he stock low end guitars??

And are you guys sure the Marshall will have better distortion??

Distortion on 10-30w amps will not be that great, but the Marshall distortion is decent and definitely better than the Laney... clean tone, they're both on par. Keep in mind these are just low end practice amps though ;) As well, if you do take my NS30, the distortion is unusable so you might be better off with the Marshall for the distortion alone.

ohh..i c...ok then I back off the NS30.. :)

Will the marshal be enough to play Metallica etc...hum? Enter Sandman?? :yahoo:

Well, it's a small amp... the distortion on that amp definitely sounds better (by a mile) than the NS30, and I personally prefer Marshal distortion over Laneys (and even Peavey). However, I'd recommend you head down to the store plug the guitar you plan to buy into both the Laney and Marshall.... crank up the volume and gain to 10, play Enter Sandman and you'll know immediately which sound you like better :)

Woooaah! Thanx guys!!!

I went there....and played a few..

Ashish said 8k for Java Strat+ Marshal MG10CD. :)

Thought I didn't like the Fret Stability of the java...I think I'll go for it..

Just gotta collect some cash! :(

That's cool... any guitar can be setup later to play well, find someone who can help you with that. I can write a quick guide for you but I wouldn't recommend doing it without help from someone who has done it before, because it could mess up the intonation and potentially cause fret-buzz if not setup correctly.

later, for a proper setup, you should go to a luthier, IIRC there was one in Evershine Nagar itself.. but thats much later, as a good setup of your guitar will cost around 1-2k. Or there always Sunil Shinde to set up your guitar perfectly.. but as RiO said, thats later on.

just go get your axe and enjoy playing the living hell outta it :)

Back