Monitors Cheap monitor recommendations

altair21

Disciple
Hi everyone, I need to buy a monitor mainly for CCTV usage and some occasional light productivity work. Budget is strictly under 10k since primary usecase is for CCTV. Any recommendations/deals for the same?

Caveat: it needs to have a HDMI port at the minimum (preferably two)

I looked at it, and the issue is its just has a single HDMI port along with a VGA which is useless for me and the display is TFT, which will affect viewing angles,

I was thinking of grabbing LG 60 cm/24 inches Full HD IPS 1920 x 1080 Pixels LCD Monitor, Inbuilt Speaker, HDMI x 2, VGA Port, 75 Hz Refresh Rate, AMD Freesync, 3 Side Borderless Slim Design - 24ML600S-W (White) : Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories this. It has the the ports I need and has a IPS panel. What do you think? are there any better than this? Only other I found is the MSI one for 10k which I am not too keen on (bad experience with MSI) and the Acer.

Why look specifically for 2 HDMI inputs? Just getting a cheap adapter for DVI or DisplayPort etc would be easier I think.

I looked at it, and the issue is its just has a single HDMI port along with a VGA which is useless for me and the display is TFT, which will affect viewing angles,

I was thinking of grabbing LG 60 cm/24 inches Full HD IPS 1920 x 1080 Pixels LCD Monitor, Inbuilt Speaker, HDMI x 2, VGA Port, 75 Hz Refresh Rate, AMD Freesync, 3 Side Borderless Slim Design - 24ML600S-W (White) : Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories this. It has the the ports I need and has a IPS panel. What do you think? are there any better than this? Only other I found is the MSI one for 10k which I am not too keen on (bad experience with MSI) and the Acer.
That one I linked is a VA panel, check MSI's website for specs. IMO VA is enough for CCTV. Your call if you want an IPS panel.

I don't know why you need more than 1 HDMI port for a CCTV monitor, enlighten me?

I don't know why you need more than 1 HDMI port for a CCTV monitor, enlighten me?
its two DVRs, with 8 cameras each for a total of 16, I dunno why the guy didnt get a single 16 camera DVR but two 8's are what we got, plus since this will be in a office, we can use it as an external monitor while leaving out one DVR disconnected or when we upgrade to a 16 camera setup.
I bought 2 Acer monitors last month for 10.2k with bank discount. I use it for office work. It has VA panel and has 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA.

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-1920x1080-Monitor-Refresh-Features/dp/B0BXP3CP9K/
I'll check this out thanks
Get the cheapest monitor single HDMI you can find + one of these for 200 bucks
have you used one of these adapters? do these work ok?

I used a friend's DP --> VGA converter which worked fine @ 1080p60

Edit: you can try the adapter first with your DVR and a VGA input first to check if it works properly. Suggesting this since monitors with 2 HDMI inputs are less common

Last edited:
its two DVRs, with 8 cameras each for a total of 16, I dunno why the guy didnt get a single 16 camera DVR but two 8's are what we got, plus since this will be in a office, we can use it as an external monitor while leaving out one DVR disconnected or when we upgrade to a 16 camera setup.

I'll check this out thanks

Ah, got it.

For good colours, you can get Acer VG240Ys for 10.3k. Pretty great 1080p monitor, just lacks height adjustable stand. Even for basic office work VA panels will suffice, I just ask people to avoid TN panels, that's all. Price is entirely your call.

Adapters do work fine, just no audio.

FHD. 27inch. 9.6K

There is audio, but nothing to write home about. Only one HDMI. I purchased it recently and serving the purpose for the second computer that amma uses on and off. Pretty decent colour reproduction and comes with a matte screencover applied (I am baised towards matte).

Thanks, guys, for the recommendations, I went with this model in the end https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08J5Y9ZSV, the differentiating factor was the the 2 HDMI ports plus speakers which my parents were biased towards.
Just to let you know, inbuilt speakers are shit, like worse than laptops in most monitors in my experience. I bought a 30k Asus gaming monitor with speakers (not for the speaker), but it is at best good for notifications. Any ₹500 speakers will sound much better.

Just to let you know, inbuilt speakers are shit, like worse than laptops in most monitors in my experience. I bought a 30k Asus gaming monitor with speakers (not for the speaker), but it is at best good for notifications. Any ₹500 speakers will sound much better.
yeah agreed, but parents want it for basic usage and I couldn't convince them otherwise.

Back