Budget 0-20k Cheap monitor with VGA/HDMI/DP

codelad

Disciple
Looking for a secondary monitor for some of my test setups. Can someone please recommend a cheap monitor with VGA/HDMI (and if possible, a DP), preferably with links to buy online?

Will almost always use this to run just a console - so size, resolution, refresh-rates do not matter. Would be nice if I could find something in the 7~10k price range. Open to buying used as well, as long as the unit is 100% functional. Thank you.

I would suggest Benq 24 inch IPS monitor, but online prices are currently on higher side. generally they are good VFM.

Thank you. At this point, still looking for something with DisplayPort and under 10k. There are a few I found in the 12k range on Amazon, and hopefully can get one of them for a discount during the upcoming sale.

One other thing I forgot to mention - need a unit with standard VESA mount holes, for wall mounting.

Thank you. At this point, still looking for something with DisplayPort and under 10k. There are a few I found in the 12k range on Amazon, and hopefully can get one of them for a discount during the upcoming sale.

One other thing I forgot to mention - need a unit with standard VESA mount holes, for wall mounting.
Might i ask which two did you find? There's the 24" MSI OPTIX G241V, goes for 11k on sale. It has a Display Port(1.2a), VESA 100x100 and has 75Hz IPS panel. I too am looking for a monitor, might get this or the 144Hz(G242), hopefully the price drops a bit on 4th Oct. :pepepray2:
https://www.amazon.in/MSI-Optix-G241-24-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B08KCFVL1W/262-1557965-0197341

Might i ask which two did you find? ...
My own priority is the availability of as many ports as I need, so may be a bit different to your own. Also, I'm keen on a smaller screen for lack of space - prefer 19"~21", but can go with 24" if it ticks all other boxes.

These are some models I have boomarked on Amazon, in the earnest hope that prices would drastically fall during the upcoming sale season:

There are also a couple of Viewsonic models that matched my criteria - sorry, don't have the model names handy now.

Last edited:
My own priority is the availability of as many ports as I need, so may be a bit different to your own. Also, I'm keen on a smaller screen for lack of space - prefer 19"~21", but can go with 24" if it ticks all other boxes.
Ahh.. okay, I'm looking for a good IPS monitor for my venture in to 3D world. You mentioned that this monitor is for a test setup. Are you a techtuber?

... You mentioned that this monitor is for a test setup.
Need the monitor to troubleshoot, access BIOS and perform installations on some headless setups that I run. Had been using an old Sony Bravia with horizontal line issues which has increasingly worsened, and is now near-impossible to read text in the console in some parts of the display.
Are you a techtuber?
Afraid not. Just someone fiddling around with stuff.

Back