Cheap Phones that would work in the UK

wr8_utd

Adept
I need to get a phone that would work in the UK. The frequencies and stuff should be compatible right? Or do just all Indian Unlocked phones work abroad?

Anyway I need one for around 4-7k. Decent enough phone. Touch screen is not an issue.

Nokia is preferable though.

Oh and the N95 8GB would work in the UK right?

All GSM phones work here. CDMA is not present so dont get those. The models and specifications (frequency etc) are the same. Are you coming for a short trip or long term (i.e. an year or more)?

Yeah the N95 will work.

PM me if you need any sort of Info :)

^^^ But its amazing value too. Skype is enabled and you get 4000 minutes to skype users without shelling extra for a phone internet option.

Disclaimer: I use three but am in no way benefited by the OP's decision :p

wr8_utd said:
3 Network discussions aside, are they any suggestions? :D
wr8_utd said:
Oh sorry forgot to post the specs I would want. Well should have Wifi and 3G preferably and a decent enough battery life. Touch screen is not a necessity.
motorheadinc said:
Are you coming for a short trip or long term (i.e. an year or more)?

Yeah the N95 will work.
I think I answered some things before hand. If you are coming for a short time then get one from India otherwise you may buy from here too. Sim only contracts work out to be more expensive for long term. Pre paid or "pay as you go" is always more expensive.

Long term. 2 years. My brother's moving there. He's getting a Desire on contract which he does not really need as he's not into phones all that much so he's sending it back to me. He already has a N95 8GB but he just wants another phone as a back up. :D

^^^ Now that you have made it clear. Let me tell you a couple of things. The contract phones are locked to carriers and you will have to get them unlocked to use in India. Secondly if he just needs a backup phone give him yours. As long as it is GSM. It will work. If it's 3G enable then it will work on all networks including "three".

Yeah I know about the unllocking. Already found a site my friend used to unlock his Desire. That's not an issue. I'll get it unlocked in under 15 pounds.

And yeah I was thinking about giving him my 5800 but he does not exactly love touch screens so if there was another option I would look at it and then I might sell my 5800.

Any suggestions? :)

motorheadinc said:
I would suggest trade in ur 5800 for an e-series Nokia and Hand that over to him. e63 or e71 should be good.
Yeah was thinking of getting an e series phone.

Which one would be under 8k though. e71 must surely be higher.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

manu1991 said:
The E52 is also a pretty decent phone
How much would it be now?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hmm E52 is around 12.5k which is a bit on the higher side

Back