Cheaper domain renewal/transfer

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
I have a *.in domain I purchased very cheap. (some 140 bucks I guess)
Now its time for renewal and I got a invoice stating 20$. WTF !!
So what are my options here?

1. Do anyone offer cheaper renewal? How much do they cost?

2. If there are cheaper renewal options, can I transfer my domain ?
(how much time would that take? Procedure??)

Some info regarding this would be very much appreciated.

TIA. \m/

I'm doing a .in transfer from mitsu.in to crazydomains.in. It's going to take 5 days before mitsu releases my domain name, but it's only 99 bucks for a new domain/transfer at crazydomains.in...so I don't mind the wait.
Also, you can transfer a domain within the 60 day expiry period.

^Renewing a .in at mitsu is Rs.425, and transferring it to crazydomains is just Rs.99.
I've got other domains at mitsu, which I don't intend to transfer out.

But I'm not using this domain yet, so I didn't want to spend more than the bare minimum for it. And I also wanted to check out crazydomains.in.

^Renewing a .in at mitsu is Rs.425, and transferring it to crazydomains is just Rs.99.I've got other domains at mitsu, which I don't intend to transfer out.But I'm not using this domain yet, so I didn't want to spend more than the bare minimum for it. And I also wanted to check out crazydomains.in.
Crazy domains does not seem to be a reliable site. I remember a friend of mine had registered a .in domain for 99 but nvere got any CP details to change nameservers so beware & check with their CC.

Crazy domains does not seem to be a reliable site. I remember a friend of mine had registered a .in domain for 99 but nvere got any CP details to change nameservers so beware & check with their CC.
I don't care too much about the domain I'm transferring, so if I run into issues, I'll just let it expire, or transfer it back to mitsu later on.
I'll post an update once the transfer takes place.

I don't care too much about the domain I'm transferring, so if I run into issues, I'll just let it expire, or transfer it back to mitsu later on.
I'll post an update once the transfer takes place.

You are Doing a Cheap thing. Don't Do it. You will loose the domain.

I Have a Domain with mitsu, and i have two more with Bigrock which i will be moving to mitsu.
Just love the price and Reliability Mitsu has Got to offer. :)

Why not move to standard like Godaddy/namecheap. Plenty of coupons available.

True. Personally I don't like any of these ResellerClub resellers they all have the same interface.

I have all my domains on Namecheap, Name.com, Dynadot and Go daddy.

My transfer to crazydomains.in completed this morning. It took 6 days because mitsu.in didn't release my domain immediately. Anyway, there were no downtimes during the transfer, and crazydomains.in seems decent enough.
There's no free email or free DNS. But I can set my nameservers, and add subdomains, so that's not a problem. Anyway, I've always used the DNS services of the hosting provider, and not the domain registrar.
The interface seems easy enough to navigate, and the best part about their services is that it's Rs.99 a year, even for renewals.
So I can renew my domain for 5 years for what I would pay mitsu.in for 1 year!
But I'd advise anyway buying from here to uncheck the auto-renewal, and use a virtual credit card, as they store your card details, and don't ask for a verified by visa password.

Mitsu.in I doubt you can Transfer domains within 60day period from Expiry. Correct me if i am wrong.
Its actually 60 days after domain registration and before domain expires.
Domain can also be transferred in expired period, but not in deletion period.

I'm doing a .in transfer from mitsu.in to crazydomains.in. It's going to take 5 days before mitsu releases my domain name.
Transfer of domains to new registrar normally takes 5-7 days.
But I have successfully transferred few domains in past from Godaddy to DirectI in only one day. Actually Godaddy were too quick to release the domains.

True. Personally I don't like any of these ResellerClub resellers they all have the same interface.

I have all my domains on Namecheap, Name.com, Dynadot and Go daddy.
Mitsu, BigRock are not resellers of ResellerClub.
They just use LogicBoxs software for their website and control panel which resellerclub also uses.

Mitsu, BigRock are not resellers of ResellerClub.
They just use LogicBoxs software for their website and control panel which resellerclub also uses.

I agree they are using the solution from LogicBoxes. BigRock is an ICANN Accredited registrar, but not Mitsu. Mitsu is only an accredited registrar for .in domains. So for non .in domains they are simply a reseller.

ResellerClub, LogicBoxes are all part of the parent company Directi.

I had also transferred my domain to mitsu. (today morning I got the confirmation) Since its my main domain, I didn't want to move to crazydomain. May be later.
But since its so cheap, I think I might buy 2/3 domain from them.

Back