cheapest 18x.....out here in TE

thx again :)

@ |Anish| ....no local warranty as its grey one....for me dealer warranty doesn't matter :)

following are the prices quoted by diff. shops across mumbai...(asked for discount/extra accessories...but no luck)

first visited shop @ dadar ...jj meheta

22.5k (with 4gb class2 sdhc and pouch) ....its too high....:)

then i went to alfa....

18950/- only cam with supplied accessories...no bargain...these ppl have lots of attitude(esply when i asked about source)....i was disappointed.

next stop was herapanna...

most of the shops didnt have the cam....

shop no 12 ...sound electronic ....one of our community member bought cam from there...initially quoted 18.5 then 18.25 then finally 18k...i told him ki will come back in 2/3 days.

next and FINAL stop FORT mumbai,(Fort has bad reputation about duplicate cam and all tht..but who cares as long as u know what ur buying)

he quoted me 17.5k for cam , 0.4k for 4gb card , 0.2k for carry bag.

finally i decided to buy cam....i asked him for sealed one...he explained to me..why its not possible have sealed one in grey...

he told me he is having 25 pcs of fz35....he bought one cargo containing five fz35...all are having serial in increasing numeric order...choosed last one...i dont know why...

they told me they import(smuggle) from singapore.

cam is made in japan...and all other accessories are made in china.

checked the camera and accessories....asked for discount but no luck....ready to give me 2.7" sony scratch guard and uv filter in tht price

so finally bought cam @ 17.5k :)

here are contact details,

Vicy : 98206 10918

Lalit Foto

84/B, Bora Bazar Street,

V.T. Fort,

Mumbai - 400 001

Tel. 22623541 / 66395929.

:)

Hey! thanks for the info.

22k is the average price if you intend to get the local warranty(with bill).

Though surprised that HeeraPanna didnt have this cam. I once went there to get a glimpse of the Canon SX20IS, instead saw the Lumix FZ35 in most of the shops there :S

I got a great deal if I had not seen the Canon SX20IS - FZ35 for 16.7k (sealed) without bill and 21.9k with bill !

17.5k ? Superb :)

|Anish| said:
Hey! thanks for the info.

22k is the average price if you intend to get the local warranty(with bill).

Though surprised that HeeraPanna didnt have this cam. I once went there to get a glimpse of the Canon SX20IS, instead saw the Lumix FZ35 in most of the shops there :S

I got a great deal if I had not seen the Canon SX20IS - FZ35 for 16.7k (sealed) without bill and 21.9k with bill !

17.5k ? Superb :)

wat ur talking about is dealer warranty....not manufacturer warranty... right?

imo...dealer warranty doesnt matters unless u know dealer personally then its different thing.

@Universal

That is correct on all accounts. No dealer will honor their so called warranty. In the end you have to pay for all repairs. My dealer gave me one year warranty with a card and all, but even then I know that he is going to charge me for repairs etc. But IMO it is worth it, as this is a great camera.

@|Anish|

Here is one for you -

2i9qtle.jpg

I'll post more as and when I offload them from the camera.

Back