Car & Bike cheapest bike with hightest milage

zktel

Disciple
Hi friends,
as the thread states i am looking for chepest bike with highest milage.
I live in mumbai city.
Daily route will be around 15 - 20km.
Please suggest 1 bike from every brand.
Budget - 52k Max
I am inclined towards Hero Honda bikes as they have good life.
And ya this is my first bike.
Looks doesnt matter for me.

Thanks for viewing and replying to thread.

Cheap+highest mileage = Bajaj platina :).

I personally never tested/used it, but according one of the person I spoke,Platina gives 80+ per litre. Bajaj bikes are not good when comes to reliability/build.

I am not sure of the HH Passion mileage, but it is a very good competitor if you have a little more budget.

I don't think the older Platina is still sold. They have a 125 cc variant of the same.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My mistake, it still does

Please can anyone suggest Hero Honda bikes.
How are
HH Passion Plus
HH Super Splendar
HH CD Dawn
HH CD Delux
Bajaj bikes are not good built so no to Bajaj bikes.

A cycle? It even keeps you healthy! Ranges from 10k to north of 1 lacs. Doesn't depend on petrol and you don't get cheated by India Government anymore. ;)

HMC Splendorpro/passion pro Rs.54k+ /-

Self start ( button looks real low quality and after thought)
Honda reliability
can tolerate irregular maintenance
larger petrol tank
onroad avg 60KMPL (according to actual users)
Only R&D that HH/HMC has done on these bikes is new stickers
same old engine, gearbox, suspension and narrow tyres
small non std 4Ah battery

Bajaj Discover 125 Rs. 48k+ /-
On road avg 70+kmpl (according to actual users)
Self start
Looks better
Better power delivery
5 speed gearbox
Nitrox suspension
Wider rear tyre
Disc brake
Battery charge indicator ( imp coz most 100cc bike users neglect battery charging)
cheaper spares than hero
Whole DC electricals
DC headlight helps in safer night rides
almost zero maintenance 5Ah battery

My choice would be Discover 125. Just change oil at 2500km and replace worn out spares when needed
take care of her and she will take care of you.
Bajaj build quality is on par with the competition.
http://www.techenclave.com/auto-zone/successful-saddlesore-guy-travels-1600kms-24hours-201835.html

Most imp: test ride a few bikes with a knowledgeable friend. don't listen to the sales guys.

6-7 months ago my uncle bought Discover 150 (in dombivali, pathetic roads) and he is very happy that he didn't
buy HH 100 cc bike ( which costs same :( )
More power for riding with pillion and all above features.
more power gives in more relaxed ride and less strained engine, on highways.

Disclaimer : I'm in noway associated with either cos. Just a fellow rider who cares abt bikes and cars
more than his own kidneys. :D

buy a seconds splendor, preferably the second model the one with the air cleaner, you will get it for 15k to 18k max, spend another 5k - 8k to fine tune it & you will get max 65+ average anytime.

servicing after every 3 months, like oil change, brakes etc

splendor has a good resale value, even after 2 years you will get a fair amount, you will get the same service from what you get from a new bike unless you want to go for a attractive looking bike instead for a mileage one then please ignore this, else no point blocking 52k when you get the same thing from 50% of the amount you want to spend.

Go for HH Passion Pro... Gives mileage of about 60+..some ppl claim 80+ also which is insane.... costs 57k in thane.
Dont go for bajaj bikes.. they r all crap....better go for HH as they hv better service than bajaj.

^ yeah i am using TVS star sports, completed all the servicing, now i usually get 70+, that too inside town. If you drive on highways, then it will increase

thenvk said:
... Bajaj bikes are not good when comes to reliability/build.

... are you sure.... any user experience? My 2 friends who are too much careful about LOWEST Maintenance cost & both are happy with Bajaj, one is with Bajaj Caliber & other with Platina.

I agree with malhotraraul.
if you are ready to buy a used bike then it's the best option.
I always say, first bike (and car) should always be an used one.

+ve
you buy it very cheap
No need to do running in
money you save can be spent on good Helmet, modifications (power or FE)
the money can be spent on fuel too, by buying a bit more powerful ( 125cc or 150cc) bike
depreciation do not cost you much.
you don't feel hurt if it falls a couple of times or gets scratched in parking lot.
(it, mostly, already has a few scratches :) )
you get to know about the bike's parts cause, mostly you will be getting the servicing done by
non authorised mechanic, in front of you.

-ve
you don't buy a NEW thing, social issue, if you are worried about what your mates might say.
you need to go through a lot of market research to get a good, pre-worshipped, model.

Back