Graphic Cards Cheapest dual DVI card

random2

Adept
Hi guys,

Posting here after a long time...

My X1900GT is dead(RIP) and I need a new GPU.

My motherboard is an old 965-DS3P with(think its PCIe 1.0) x16 and x4 slots and I use the card on x4 slot as I dont have any room near the x16 slot.

I am looking for a graphics card with the following -

1. Dual DVI

2. At least 256mb DDR3 and above

3. Should run on x4 (think PCIe 2.0 cards are downward compatible)

4. Should be least power hungry

5. I dont know what type of power connectors are common now, My PSU has 6pin power connectors for GPU.

Purpose -

Dual monitor, desktop apps, movies

Thanks in advance for help/suggestions

r2

wow.... am I missing something.....

Ive been looking into the dealers section and cant find such good prices. I have been out of touch for nearly a year. Could you guys enlighten me about prices in either Bangalore or our TE dealers plz...

If going for 9600gt or 9800gt then you have to go for green editions only. Since you dint state your PSU, you must be having a generic (low quality) PSU. If this is the case then green edition is the only option.

I have a Hiper 580watt one which I got from UK when I built the rig around couple of years back). It has been running a x1900GT without any issues, and also a quad processor. All the specs are below in my sig.

oops!! it was in 2007, cant believe its been 3years

^ thanks -

I have changed my plans for now. My rig in the signature is going to be shelved for next 4-5months and Im going to build a dual core system to survive the summer power cuts :)

Back