Cheapest option for wifi hotspot to connect certain devices

Arihant.EXE said:
Netgear WGR614? Costs about 1400 or so. Works flawlessly across rooms in the house. Don't expect anything more than the basic functionality though.

Looks like i have not put my question in right way. I need on the move wifi hotspot either through mobile phone or through some standalone device but cheapest option

Will you be using a separate 3g sim or data card? There are a few pocket wifi routers available on ebay, starting from as low as 3k. They have a USB slot or sim slot depending on the model, and they run on battery too. They are a little buggy though (sometimes do not connect to the net. Restarting the device usually helps).

pocket wifi | eBay

Huawei E585 has got some good reviews.

I am not looking for device to plug in dongle and use 3g. i want to either standalone device with 3g option which works as wifi hotspot like have few on ebay india but most are around 5k or so. i feel if i can buy mobile its more worth than buying standalone device for that spending 5k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mgdelhi said:
An entry level Android mobile with Froyo 2.2 or above will be good for this.

which one ? any suggestions ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

logistopath said:
Will you be using a separate 3g sim or data card? There are a few pocket wifi routers available on ebay, starting from as low as 3k. They have a USB slot or sim slot depending on the model, and they run on battery too. They are a little buggy though (sometimes do not connect to the net. Restarting the device usually helps).

pocket wifi | eBay

Huawei E585 has got some good reviews.

I am not looking for device to plug in dongle and use 3g. i want to either standalone device with 3g option which works as wifi hotspot like have few on ebay india but most are around 5k or so. i feel if i can buy mobile its more worth than buying standalone device for that spending 5k

Get a cheap Android w/ Froyo or a HTC WM6.5 phone. There is inbuilt wifi hotspot on the android and there is a tool for the HTC WM6.5 phones.

In the US, there is a 30USD wifi hotspot device from newegg. Dont remember the brand, will check it out.

vivek.krishnan said:
Get a cheap Android w/ Froyo or a HTC WM6.5 phone. There is inbuilt wifi hotspot on the android and there is a tool for the HTC WM6.5 phones.

In the US, there is a 30USD wifi hotspot device from newegg. Dont remember the brand, will check it out.

Still looking for specific device and mainly looking for phone with that option

Back