Graphic Cards Cheapest PSU for 4770

Ok Guys, today I talked to my dealer, he's insisting on VIP Gold 500W PSU.

I asked him, which PSU you keep. He said "Umax 450 W" for 500 bucks. I said no I want a good one and with PCI E 6 pin connector. Then he told me then I would have to go for high end. And he calls this VIP Gold 500W as high end, I mean WTH :( Then what would he call VX 450 and VX 550 ? Anyways now you can lol :)

Ok guys, now tell, is this VIP Gold 500W PSU good, can it handle 9800GT / 4770 ?Anyone using it here? Hows it?

It can handle a 4770 or 9800GT but don't know whether it has a PCIE power connector. Consult Gannu, he is from the same location and can help you with the availability of PSUs.

^^Yup, I am thinking to order it from Amarbir. But he's not replying. Will go to his website and then purchase online :) I too think its better to go for Gigabyte than to go for VIP.

i use a vip gold 500 W for my 4850 and have been using it for over a year now with no issues at all *touch wood*.

though i suggest you get the seasonic 380W.

OK, bumping this thread again. I've decided to go for VIP GOld 500 W.

And re. GPU: Here its price is very high. So can I buy 4670 instead ? As mentioned in the first post, my monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080. So guys, I don't worry much about frame rates, but will I be able to play all games without sluggishness? Is 4670 enough for me?

big NO for 4670 ! 1920@1080

i wud recommend a 4850 1Gb for 7.2k. 4670 wud do pathetic at that resolution, and all the money wud go down the drain. So it isnt worth unless u pay 7.2k for a 4850 1Gb minimum for 1920*1080.

^^ But I won't play games in that resolution. Thats my desktop's resolution. You know in games, there is video setting, and in there, there is resolution. So I will mostly play games in 1280 x 800. So another question is games will look pathetic in that resoltion, right?

FYI, at my place 4770 costs 8.2 k :rofl: And 4850 is 9k. My dealer is giving me 1 month old 4850 for 8k. So these are crap prices I am getting here. So I think I will wait for the prices to come down .

^^^ prices have cut down. the thing is your dealer is greedy. I'd suggest to get what dominator said from a TE / any other online dealer. :)

ya
get it online
games will look ugly @ 1280@800 on ur monitor.
1680*1050 ll be acceptable, but only with AA @ min of 2X. Amd 1GB will surelly hel for that resolutions.

You can get a 4850 1Gb for 7.2k + 150 shipping from most online dealers and get local warranty too[3yrs].
dun get fooled by ur local dealer. And if possible, show him the bill after u get it online. :eek:hyeah:

dOm1naTOr said:
You can get a 4850 1Gb for 7.2k + 150 shipping from most online dealers and get local warranty too[3yrs].

dun get fooled by ur local dealer. And if possible, show him the bill after u get it online. :eek:hyeah:

@TC..its a perfect solution for your prob :hap2:

Back