PC Peripherals Cheapest reliable PSU

jampack

Adept
my generic psu has gone kaput and i am in dilemma whether to get another generic one or get something better.
i am already a little short of cash and dont think will be using my pc for a very long time.
My config is:
amd 4200+, asus m2n-vm dvi, 3*1gb ram, 250giger hdd, sony odd and a wireless pci card. (maybe add another hdd in future)
dont plan to get a dedicated grafics card, and never overclocked.

if i hadnt been a member here, it wouldnt have been a tough decision. would have gone to market and bought an exact replacement. :p

can another generic psu work for me, considering the fact that i never intend to overload it.

^Might work but unassumingly if it manages to get conked, it may as well take away some components of your system say the motherboard or the hard drive. Why risk it? You may end up spending more for the replacements later on!

Invest in a decent entry-level power supply like a Zebronics Pro Power 350 or the Powersafe Silver 400W (if you manage to find one! The Gold is not a good power supply either but should be able to manage that rig and certainly better than most generic junks retailing!).

thx for the reply guys.

well i plan to move abroad for studies. thts why i said tht i wont use it for long.

anything cheaper than 1.5k?? :(

jampack said:
thx for the reply guys.

well i plan to move abroad for studies. thts why i said tht i wont use it for long.

anything cheaper than 1.5k?? :(

Don't go for the generic PSU. You really don't know what you're buying.

I use the VIP 400EW and find it pretty decent for a rig with onboard gfx. It cost me Rs. 1150/- at Primeabgb. You don't get the 400W silver anymore nor is the gold available at 400W. The 500 W gold is available but costs 2.3K or something. At that price it makes more sense to buy the Gigabyte Superb 460W.

The Zebronics Pro 350W is only on paper. You don't actually see it in the market.

dOm1naTOr said:
Well, as per the specs, a negeric 450W zebronics PSu should hanfle it easily, which is for 500 bucks.

I think COOLER MASTER 350 EXTREME PSU handle it easily.:hap2:

bul said:
I think COOLER MASTER 350 EXTREME PSU handle it easily.:hap2:
You mean Extreme Power 390? its 1.8k :bleh:

zhopudey said:
You drunk? :tongue: What is a negeric psu?? :rofl:

lol:eek:hyeah:

btw iball generic or even expensive PSUs are crap. It explodes under heavy load. I know lot of people running 8600GT, 9500GT or 4650 and 4670 on zebronics 450 500 bucks PSU. I think for sub 600 bucks, its the best.
Even i used to use one when i was on a 7600GT for more than a year :)

dOm1naTOr said:
btw iball generic or even expensive PSUs are crap. It explodes under heavy load. I know lot of people running 8600GT, 9500GT or 4650 and 4670 on zebronics 450 500 bucks PSU. I think for sub 600 bucks, its the best.
Even i used to use one when i was on a 7600GT for more than a year :)
I that, 3 friends' iball psu died ( 2 exploded, 1 silently ), 1 killed nothing , 1 killed 7600gt, 1 killed hdd and motherboard

sato1986 said:
I that, 3 friends' iball psu died ( 2 exploded, 1 silently ), 1 killed nothing , 1 killed 7600gt, 1 killed hdd and motherboard

lol
ya, get iball if you need to see some fireworks inside the cabby:eek:hyeah:

heard from tdf, one guy's iball 2.8k 600W PSU [boasted of dual rail and had 120mm fan] exploded taking his 9600GT with it. And it was within a week of purchase.

CM extreme 350W... easily available for around 1.5k... ask mediahome if you don't find it...ZEB pro is a better option but as said earlier..it is very difficult to find....VIP 400EW is also a decent option for 1.1k range. I've herad that PSU from brand "Circle" are also reasonably good. Circle 400W will be available for around 800-900.

Anything cheaper is like running your system "Raam Bharose".

I have myself seen iball psu getting smoked. Anyways, I ll try to save some money and continue to use my laptop as my main rig till then.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will ask again, depending on what I manage to save.

Back