Laptops Cheapest touchscreen laptop available

HP TX2009. Should be about ~55k.

It supersedes the TX1000 series, and has an active touch-screen unlike the previous generation's passive touch-screen.

Well HP India website is showing none of the above mentioned models in new range. In laptops for home section there are no touchscreens, maybe HP launches some in future.

teche said:
Well HP India website is showing none of the above mentioned models in new range. In laptops for home section there are no touchscreens, maybe HP launches some in future.

The TX2009AU is available. Check the website more carefully? It should be there :)

^^^Forget that one. Its underpowered enough. + you have vista running it :p They launched it as a kind of portable netbook kind of thingy. Only thing is, its too expand never caught on. I havent seen one outside of croma :p

It should be just about ok for very basic usage.

But IMO i'd be asking myself if a 7" screen is enough real estate ;)

It all depends on what you're looking to do with it.

My suggestion, go for an active touchscreen as Eddy pointed out. A resistive (passive) is the one used on phones (exception iphone: it uses a capacitive touchscreen) and will not respond very effectively to long strokes besides u need to apply more pressure than you usually would while writing on a normal surface.

A resistive touchscreen also has the film on the top of the LCD spoiling the contrast and image quality ( you can see long horizontal lines running diagonally on your screen) on a large screen.

broar94 said:
Saw an HP touchscreen model in a laptop store for 44K I think.... Not too sure about the price!
yah ma mumbai frn bot it for 56k...

2Ghz AMDX2, 3Gb RAM, 250GB HDD, Fingerprint Reader, Webcam Bluetooth and 12.1" Touchscreen

techie_007 said:
The TX2009AU is available. Check the website more carefully? It should be there :)

No touch screen is available as of now, TX 2005 would be launched in 1st. week of November.
Only Touch screens with Intel processors are available, but are priced > 1L

teche said:
No touch screen is available as of now, TX 2005 would be launched in 1st. week of November.
Only Touch screens with Intel processors are available, but are priced > 1L

Hmmm..then maybe they havent put it on the site, but the TX2009 is available commonly everywhere. Even croma stocks it :)

Back