PC Peripherals Cheapo PC for general use

morgoth said:
Bought the rig

Prices

X2 4800+ and M2A - VM @ Rs 6550

Hey, Its a similar config which I too brought. Hope u r enjoying it.

If u asked me I would have have suggested a 780G Motherboard to 690G. (for just Rs.2,000 more! :bleh: :bleh: )

sTALKEr said:
@techie.. i think ive even heard bikey say this. :p :p... (abt the amd setups being snappier)

Tried my friend's system for a couple of hours... did not feel much difference.
X2 4800+ on 690G with 2 GB memory took 38.5 seconds to make 1M SuperPi 1.5mod calculation

My E4400 on 965RY with 2GB memory does the same in around 29 seconds

But X2 4800+ was running awesomely cool. With Orthos stressing it for 10 minutes the temps never went beyond 38 degree C. At idle they were around 26-27. Room temp was around 22-24.

In comparison E4400 on my system runs at around 46-47 degree C at idle with room temp at around 35-37. With Orthos stressing it, the temps go up to 67-68 :(

This is summer and I am on top floor so I think temps are acceptable. with room temp at around 20-22, my E4400 goes up to 47-48 at full load

Morgoth I had the same issue with the E4400. The temps would touch 70 under load. Had heaps of dust balls blocking the fan. Removing them bought the temps to 44 at idle. The temps do not cross 50 under load now. (Room temperature 32c. E330 cabby has only one case fan installed..)

The stock cooler of the E4400 is fantastic. You can easy run the processor overclocked at 24-2.6ghz without worrying about temps.

Hope your friend liked the config.

octave said:
Morgoth I had the same issue with the E4400. The temps would touch 70 under load. Had heaps of dust balls blocking the fan. Removing them bought the temps to 44 at idle. The temps do not cross 50 under load now. (Room temperature 32c. E330 cabby has only one case fan installed..)

The stock cooler of the E4400 is fantastic. You can easy run the processor overclocked at 24-2.6ghz without worrying about temps.

Hope your friend liked the config.

yep i know there is nothing wrong with my E4400. It's damn hot here in Delhi now and on top floor even in nights air is dry and hot. When room temp is around 36-38, there bound to be a very poor heat dissipation.

In any case E330 has better cooling than my Zebbie Lava (hot :p). In any case, IMO 67-68 full load temps are nothing to worry about.

Yes the man is happy with 19" inch monitor. Size matters!!!

morgoth said:
yep i know there is nothing wrong with my E4400. It's damn hot here in Delhi now and on top floor even in nights air is dry and hot. When room temp is around 36-38, there bound to be a very poor heat dissipation.

In any case E330 has better cooling than my Zebbie Lava (hot :p). In any case, IMO 67-68 full load temps are nothing to worry about.

Yes the man is happy with 19" inch monitor. Size matters!!!

told ya :p

morgoth said:
Tried my friend's system for a couple of hours... did not feel much difference.
X2 4800+ on 690G with 2 GB memory took 38.5 seconds to make 1M SuperPi 1.5mod calculation

My E4400 on 965RY with 2GB memory does the same in around 29 seconds
Well I was not talking about the super PI benchmarking stuff and all. You'll probably notice the snappiness in WINDOWS . anyway this is just hear say :p

Back