Other Cheated by Tata Docomo outlet

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys I'm from Mumbai and reside in Pune.

My Tata docomo gsm sim was bought in year 2011 when there was not much of a concept of micro sim.
Today I was in Mumbai and decided to visit the nearest tata gallery for getting a Micro sim for use in new cell in exchange of my old sim which couldn't be cut into micro sim due to its chip size.

Before going, I had a chat with tata representatives and had a word with them on CC helpline and they all said for Rs. 49/- I'll be issued a new sim.

Ok. So I went to the store and that idiot told me we dont issue Micro sim to gsm prepaid users. WTF? :wtf: :rage: (seems as per them prepaid users shouldn't be allowed to enjoy new cellphones)

I had a argue with him and finally he said he'll issue me a new sim but a postpaid one AND ON HIS OWN RISK :confused: which 'll get convert to prepaid after registering and deactivating my old sim and he charged me Rs. 100/- for that.
Fine!! I had to leave for Pune so I paid the amount, my sim was activated on the spot with all my services, balance etc. retained as like old sim. All is working great!! No issues. And I decided to deal with this overcharge issue & not issuing Micro sim for prepaid after reaching back home.

But why the SOB charged me 100 bucks??? :mad: :rage:

On returning home I again had a chat with their CC and he said its all rubbish and he should have only charged me Rs. 49/- and the concept of not issuing a Micro sim for prepaid is all non-sense.

Now I want my 50 bucks back. I have all info. like address of that gallery etc. I want to take action against that gallery and get my refund as well.

Can Akosha help me here?? Or do I need to contact Tata higher authority??

Last edited:
Pro Tip: Always make use of the camera phones to the fullest.
If nothing else, record the convo in any of the scam heavy areas.. esp service providers.

Pro Tip: Always make use of the camera phones to the fullest.
If nothing else, record the convo in any of the scam heavy areas.. esp service providers.

We trust those guys and I never ever faced such issue till date and I was in hurry but I dint told him about it and also its was all rush scenario and chaos as well. Hence such idea doesnt click in your mind at that time.

Contact Nodal officer. There must be email ID of that person; shoot a mail with all the details.

At least with Vodafone I do same. I had two issues with Vodafone, postpaid Bill overcharge and on prepaid lapsing 3G balance de their mistake. Both times I first visited gallery and later mailed him/her. It worked within a week.

I too live in Mumbai and needed microsim for my s3 and moto g . Most. Tata galleries refused and told me that I had to convert my prepaid conn to post paid . I refused , even wrote a complaint in their complaint register at matunga branch . Then I went to their main fort branch . Didn't have to complain or nothing they just gave me a microsim over the counter and deactivated my old Sim and within a few minutes the new Sim began to work . This was about 2 months back when most of the other Docomo galleries refused to issue me a microsim and said I had to convert to postpaid . Hope I helped .

@ankushv Pathetic service. But I visited the outlet only after doing my homework... and still got cheated...:arghh:

Anyways, I have written to nodal officer at: nodal.mum@tatadocomo.com, appellate.mum@tatadocomo.com, listen@tatadocomo.com
Lets see how quickly or at least whether they act on this or not. At least I expect some call or email reply from them.

It was raining very heavily and had to catch my bus as well hence decided to wrap up the case later online. If I was in Mumbai at least for another day or so I would have visited 2-3 more outlets to confirm about such crap and then would have posted here and decided the viable route. But as they say, some things happen coz they have to happen and cant be avoided.

You did not get cheated in the literal sense . They just wanted you and the rest of us to convert to postpaid to make more money off us .

You did not get cheated in the literal sense . They just wanted you and the rest of us to convert to postpaid to make more money off us .
So they should have asked me directly. And its a clear case of 420 coz just on the name of postpaid he issued me a sim carrying postpaid label and charged me Rs. 100.[DOUBLEPOST=1409581151][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is the add:

TATA DOCOMO,
White House Bldg.,
M.G.Road,
Opp. Dena Bank,
Kandivali (W),
Mumbai- 400067

Now that outlet idiot just called me and trying to defend that the guy there told me to come after 3 days for a new sim which he dint and in fact I asked him if the sim if available on some other day. Or he said come back with your old sim and we will re activate it and take your new sim and refund you your full 100 bucks. Now this is ridiculous!!:mad:
I made him understand but he keep insisting and explaining no sims are available for prepaid and so on and there's shortage of micro sims in the market and bullshit. :rage:

Bhai. There will always be small people in this world who have cheap mentality and maybe they will be successful in looting you as well for a few bucks. Why disturb your peace of mind for 50 rs.

Bhai. There will always be small people in this world who have cheap mentality and maybe they will be successful in looting you as well for a few bucks. Why disturb your peace of mind for 50 rs.
Its not about 50 bucks its about trust and service. We visit them blindly as we trust them and now if something like this happens then where are we suppose to look to??
I dont mind paying 1000 bucks but only if that rate is mentioned in their legal rules. The extra 50 bucks went in pocket of that SOB as an bakshish for nothing extra he did. If he had cleaned my shoes or offered me a complimentary tea/coffee or something then definitely I would have given that 50 bucks as a tip!! Seriously I mean that.

Else tomorrow they will say Rs. 50 topup isnt available so we will adjust that topup against a topup of Rs. 100 and pay us Rs 75.

Also end of the day money is hard earned, even if its Re 1 or 1 cr. They should get a lesson that it may be easy to loot 100 users but at least 1 of them stands against them in their corruption racket/scandal/world.
They will definitely think twice before looting another customer.

Guys guess what???

Just now I received a recharge sms..seems those guys/outlet recharged me a topup of Rs. 51/- full talktime. :cool: :)

And here is the same reflecting in my tata docomo website account: :playful: :p

trc.JPG

Thus now legally I got charged exact Rs. 49/-, and even that Re.1 was compensated (nobody today gives Re 1 back when you pay Rs 49/- right???) apart from the double charged 50 bucks .:smilingimp:

...thus I finally WON my Battle in a very short time......unbelievable!!! yet true...:photogenic:

Its not about 50 bucks its about trust and service. We visit them blindly as we trust them and now if something like this happens then where are we suppose to look to??
And then this is the result.

It was raining very heavily and had to catch my bus as well hence decided to wrap up the case later online. If I was in Mumbai at least for another day or so I would have visited 2-3 more outlets to confirm about such crap and then would have posted here and decided the viable route. But as they say, some things happen coz they have to happen and cant be avoided.
This was the problem. It's a real pain to have to rely on these idiots who either through their ignorance or not end up costing you. Buyers risk.

The extra 50 bucks went in pocket of that SOB as an bakshish for nothing extra he did. If he had cleaned my shoes or offered me a complimentary tea/coffee or something then definitely I would have given that 50 bucks as a tip!! Seriously I mean that.
Did not go in his pocket, he exploited the situation to make money for his company by subscribing you for unnecessary services.

Also end of the day money is hard earned, even if its Re 1 or 1 cr. They should get a lesson that it may be easy to loot 100 users but at least 1 of them stands against them in their corruption racket/scandal/world.
They will definitely think twice before looting another customer.
Looting happens either through user ignorance, intentional misleading or both.

Don't know why its 49 to get a micro sim. airtel charges 25 for a new prepaid connection for which they issue a mini-sim and for an extra 25 its converted to a micro. However post paid people get a micro without this extra step. I also notice in the relationship centre, the post paid side has nice chairs but prepaid guys get to stand up. Subtle.

Last edited:
Back