CPU/Mobo Checking for PCI/AGP lock

wondering how to check if I have PCI/AGP lock...i tried looking in the BIOS but nothing

mobo is Asus A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi version...I think those didn't have PCI/AGP lock....

Simple. Use ClockGen - D/L from www.cpuid.com and make sure that u get the one for ur MOBO. Run it and under the Clocks tab click Get Values. But u need to OC ur proccy ( Just by 2~3 MHz would be good enuf ) and if under the ClockGen the AGP and PCI values r more than their default of 66/33, then it's not locked. First up, set the AGP/PCI speeds to 66 and 33 in BIOS. In my A8N-E, for PCI, I've the options of setting it to 33 or Auto or To CPU.

oh cummon guys....

The simplest answer ---- BIOS VERSION!!!

DS --- Upgrade to 1009. I also have the same mobo and 1009 has PCI/AGP locks....

I HAD The exact same problem and after upgrading to 1009, the PCI/AGP locks work fine..... That is the main reason

Install Asus EZFlash from your mobo Cd.

The download 1009 version of the BIOS. Save it on your desktop or any convenient location.

Then open Asus EZ Flash and follow the steps to flash the BIOS.

Let me state again... I have a ASUS A8V Dlx Rev 1.2 Wi Fi Edition it dosent feature AGP/PCI locks... Thats why you dont see me overclocking.... I am on bios 1009 and it doesnt work... To physically check the Revision... Open up the side panel of the cabby and look on the mobo... Its mentioned in between the PCI slots that which Revision the board is...

Yup... version 2 and above support AGP/PCI locks. In case of decadent though it should not be a problem. To overclock, just use a higher multi since the FX is unlocked above. So instead of the default 12, try 12.5 or 13. If it fails, try higher voltage ;).

Yup, thats right ^^. If you don't have AGP/PCI locks, then DONT even try to OC.

You'll not only blow your mobo, but also your GPU, Soundcard, etc, etc...

^ Wow, exploding mobo's and soundcards ;)

Nothing of that sort. The devices on the corresponding PCI/AGP buses will crash/hang since they're running out of spec. Data corruption would occur on your HDDs, but NO *explosions*

P.S: I disagreed, am I wrong?

thanks for info...my mobo cd didnt have EZFlash...had some other ASUS updater....found 1014 on asus website so updated to it but still no locks...

is it normal to get a bad checksum on first boot after BIOS flash?

I dont think 1014 is the best BIOS. I dont know for sure, so I will not comment. But 1009 is one of the best, stable BIOSes for the A8V

Decadent_Spectre said:
1.2 i think...

anyone confirm if its OK to gert a bad checksum on first boot after updating?

i have flashed around 6 to 7 times but never got a message like that .... but on A7N8X Deluxe i got message that default setting loaded press "del" to enter bios or "F1" to continue if i remember it correctly ....

Back