PC Peripherals Chieftec or Cooler Master cabinet?

imoen

Adept
Guys I have a choice between the Chieftec BH02-BBB and the Cooler Master Elite 330..

The Elite 330 has room for a 120mm fan in the front which will directly cool my graphics card. In the Chieftec, there are 2 x 92mm bays but they are mounted on the side...

Which one would give better airflow? Thanks in advance for clearing up my confuuuusion! :)

If you plan to get a aftermarket cpu cooler, just get the chieftec. In terms of width Elite 330 is not that wide. In terms of roominess even centurion 534 just fits the basic requirements for a good cpu cooler. And you have a 8800 too.

^^ thanks for the reply.

Actually, does the Chieftec have a proper fan mounting space on the side panel (for the gfx card)? I know the CM Elite 330 does not, though some ppl say you can use the vent holes to mount a 80mm fan. But I'm not much of a modder.

Also, would both cases accomodate the Ultra 120 Extreme?

Not sure about the side fan m8. maybe someone with a chieftec cabby can shed some light on this.

Im pretty sure you might have some prob with fitting TRUE in Elite 330. Im going to try fitting a Tuniq inside a Centurian in few weeks, can or maybe will post back on how it goes. I think people here have used TRUE in chieftecs, why dont you just get that. Its definitely roomier than E 330.

Ok saw Funky's pics of his BH02 and he has used the air vent to mount a fan over the CPU, so I guess that would be fine although a front fan would have been great.

Hmmm, I have already bought the TRUE and it would be tragic if my new cabby didn't have the room for it! :)

@random2: Which Centurion do you have? I know they have front facing fans but I have seen the HDD cage blocking the air flow. Do you have experience with this? And it is possible to adjust the drive cages in the Centurion so the airflow is unobstructed?

Many questions, I know... :)

Back