Android Child un-installs Android Apps

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
I have Redmi note 10 phone.

I dont want any screen lock for my phone. At the same time I want my five year old child to have access to my android phone.
But the problem is that he un-installs App from google store, when play store prompts to free space while installing new games.

Is there any way to stop the same. I try to keep enough free space but everytime its not possible

I dont want any screen lock for my phone. At the same time I want my five year old child to have access to my android phone.
But the problem is that he un-installs App from google store, when play store prompts to free space while installing new games.

Is there any way to stop the same. I try to keep enough free space but everytime its not possible
I want to share a youtube video with you which very well explains the damage giving mobile phones to children can cause them.... I will do that later.

But avoid giving your child mobile at all. Just a genuine advice.

Not possible in modern day and age especially when living in Tier 1 and 2 cities. Maybe if someone lives in a village where most people can't afford smartphones or high speed internet.

Cutting the child off from technology which is right in front of them will make them aggressive and agitated because their peers will have that access for sure and your child will feel left out.
Best way is to define a strict schedule and follow that. Set goals with studies/physical activity and reward the child with some fun time digitally.

Not possible in modern day and age especially when living in Tier 1 and 2 cities. Maybe if someone lives in a village where most people can't afford smartphones or high speed internet.

Cutting the child off from technology which is right in front of them will make them aggressive and agitated because their peers will have that access for sure and your child will feel left out.
Best way is to define a strict schedule and follow that. Set goals with studies/physical activity and reward the child with some fun time digitally.
I wanted to write on my previous post..." easy said than done" but in the end . its is parents that has to take some strict measures at right time for child's growth.

I agree with you on the technology part too and making a strict schedule might be good step.

@int86 I am not able to find that exact youtube. I came across randomly once but many videos by doctors and researchers talking about behavioural problems and physical issues coming up in children due to mobile usage is well covered on youtube.

You might find it important to check them out.

but maybe you have already figured that part out too and have control over the use.
anyways this is my last post here. I'm out.

Last edited:

Is there any way to stop the same.
You got a smart kid :D

Next thing he will want to do is buy stuff

You have been warned :cool:
I am reminded of this kid that uses finger of sleeping parent to unlock phone and go on to buy in game stuff.

I don't think just playing games with supervision is a problem.

Since he already gets to play games, to then take it away now becomes a punishment.

Last edited:

Use any app locker and set a lock to only play store.
This one seems to be popular.

I also don't want him to enjoy smartphone. Even my child also loves to play or interact with humans over phones. But there are some evils which we cant afford to restrict. I have a patient at home to be looked 24x7.

I dont want to restrict him to download anything from playstore. And I hate using screen locks

I just want that he does not uninstall my apps, many of them are company app storing vital data

it can be done, will it be hard af? heck yea but it can be done, my older cousin's children were the same, specially after lockdown when every kid had to have a phone with whatsapp so that they can keep up with their classwork. What my cousin did was limit their screen time to some hours and they werent allowed phones after 9PM, the first couple of weeks were hard with tantrums everyday but they kept firm and the kids got used to it.

One other thing, you can do get him some a boat load of comics if he's into reading, play some sports with him etc, basically distract him from the phone.

- dont want any screen lock
- want five year old to have access to phone
- dont want to restrict him to download anything
- just want that he does not uninstall my apps when play store prompts to free space

Easiest way to solve your dilemma seems to be more memory. Google tells me the phone does have a mem card slot.

Does the phone not allow app installs on external memory?

Buy your kid a second hand phone or tablet for cheap and set it to child account in google.
I'm also doing same for my daughter. Child account is very necessary if the user is a minor. There are so many *** apps available free of cost on play store, so without my permission, my child cannot install anything.
Also to limit her usage, I limit it to charge only once a day that too with a slow charger (also disabled fast charge), as it takes hell lot of time to charge. During intial days of implementation of this condition, she's highly irritated but then got used to. Now she is using her phone very wisely so that charge doesn't get exhausted before night.

Back