Storage Solutions Chipset in external SSD enclosures

Realtek RTL9210B chip. Are they reliable ?
You can flash the firmware released by other manufacturers, so it is preferable. The Jmicron ones are usually non-upgradable.

You will need a reliable third part Type C to C cable though as the included ones are of poor quality and usually drop to double-digit MBps within days.

You can flash the firmware released by other manufacturers, so it is preferable. The Jmicron ones are usually non-upgradable.

You will need a reliable third part Type C to C cable though as the included ones are of poor quality and usually drop to double-digit MBps within days.
Which cable do you imply by "reliable third party Type C to C cable ", ?

Yes. Even I am on the lookout for small sized cable which supports both USB C and USB A connections. I have the SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable and the cable which comes with it is a blessing! Have been on the lookout for a like for like replacement here in India, but no luck. Anyone has any advice?

Yes. Even I am on the lookout for small sized cable which supports both USB C and USB A connections. I have the SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable and the cable which comes with it is a blessing! Have been on the lookout for a like for like replacement here in India, but no luck. Anyone has any advice?
These kind of cables are available generally but difficult to find them in stock and at a decent price.

Which cable do you imply by "reliable third party Type C to C cable ", ?
Mostly use USB 3.2 cables that came with other devices like phones and VR headsets. Also, used to get Anker cables in the past but difficult to get those as well at the right price now.

Thanks, but my version is 1TB - previous to the one impacted.
Please see this - https://www.zdnet.com/article/check...he-sandiskwestern-digital-data-loss-disaster/

Which products are impacted by this firmware issue?​

The following products have been impacted by this issue.
• SanDisk Extreme Portable 4TB (SDSSDE61-4T00)
• SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable 4TB (SDSSDE81-4T00)
• SanDisk Extreme Pro 2TB (SDSSDE81-2T00)
• SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB (SDSSDE81-1T00)
• WD My Passport 4TB (WDBAGF0040BGY)

Back