Choice between Electrolux or Panasonic 1.5 ton Split non-inverter AC?

crossword

Disciple

I have researched a lot and narrowed it down to these 2. I want to spend preferably less than RS 30,000 but still get a brand that works well.

I can get Electrolux or Panasonic 1.5 ton Split AC from 2 diferent dealers. Both cost RS 27,000.

I was all set to go for Panasonic since that has more of a name but then I saw Electrolux is 3 star while Panasonic is 2 star for the same price.

Also Electrolux has a couple of features that I think this basic model of Panasonic does not have. It has anti-bacterial filter and anti-odor. Whether these 2 things really mean anything, I don’t know. They may just be tall claims.

I hesitate to buy Electrolux since I don’t know if it’s an inferior brand. I was told that brands like Lloyd, LG, Samsung, Onida, Whirlpool, and Voltas don’t work as well as the better ones like Panasonic.

I have seen some negative reviews on the net for Electrolux but then I have seen many negative reviews for Panasonic too.

Is the fact that Electrolux is the same price as Panasonic though it has more features due to the fact its some inferior machine? Thanks for any help.

Electrolux is or was the worlds second largest appliance maker after whirlpool.But in india they have a really bad after sales and support and servicing is outsourced to videocon which is really bad.

Thanks. I went to a big store and checked both Electrolux and Panasonic out.

I found Panasonic doesn’t have a display or temperature indicator on the indoor panel.

The dealer told me:

1. Electrolux has copper coils while PAnsonic has that only in 5 star versions. He said copper is better, cools faster. I googled and see some people agree with that.

2. BUT, Panasonic is made with Japanese technology and people feel that is always superior. While Electrolux is made with European technology.

Now whether that last means anything, I don’t know. What makes the Japanese technology so superior? Does that mean any machine made in Japan will work more efficiently and last longer?

And are copper coils really superior?

Well what is the kind of usage you expect from the AC's. What is the room size? Whether room is has a floor above it or no? If you answer these questions it would be easy for someone to suggest an AC for you. Because if your usage is high then it would make sense to invest in an inverter AC.

Well I have been using a Electrolux 2 ton and it has not given me a single issue since last 2 years... But after sales service is poor as we have to call and follow up several times for free service and now even for paid service
We have Panasonic & whirlpool ac's as well installed.. but this one has been so much better than others for its price and has display on unit, filters which the other companies won't offer at this price

Thanks, everyone. Since I use the Ac only for 6 to 8 hours a day for 4 months, it makes no sense to buy an inverter. The amount I save on electricity bills for the next 10 years won't make up for the extra RS 15,000 I would have to pay for the inverter AC.

Haresh, what do you mean that Electrolux has filters which the other companies won't offer at this price? What is so superior about their filters?

Yes I like their display on unit. Does any other have that? none of the ones I saw seem to have that. does Sharp have that?

Well your calculations would be a bit off. You mention that non inverter Electrolux will cost you appx 27000. Now sharp 1.1T Inverter AC (you need 1.1 inverter if you use 1.5 non inverter) will cost you 33000. Hence extra investment is 6000. Now two things would happen. As inverter is 1.1 it will definitely consume less power than non inverter. Hence given your usage of apps 6-8 hours for 4 months I think you should evaluate the inverter AC as it might recover your investments in 3-4 years according to me due to two reasons. 1. it will need less amps and power as its a 1.1 compared to 1.5 regular ac. and two being inverter it would save power if used for longer durations. Do think over it.

Thanks, everyone. Since I use the Ac only for 6 to 8 hours a day for 4 months, it makes no sense to buy an inverter. The amount I save on electricity bills for the next 10 years won't make up for the extra RS 15,000 I would have to pay for the inverter AC.

Haresh, what do you mean that Electrolux has filters which the other companies won't offer at this price? What is so superior about their filters?

Yes I like their display on unit. Does any other have that? none of the ones I saw seem to have that. does Sharp have that?

The filters are that of anti bacterial and anti odor.. Which are not available in the similarly priced ac's from other brands

Buying a one ton inverter instead of a 1.5 non inverter could be a very good idea. I will have to give it some thought but I am tempted.

Sharp has Plasmacluster air purifier technology, which means it supposedly removes viruses and bacteria from the air.

My question is, is this just a gimmick? Does it really remove viruses and bacteria from the air? What proof do we have of that? how can anyone prove something like that?

I also read in the brochure it has Gentle Cool Air System which means it blows air toward the ceiling instead of downward.

I’d prefer something that blows air staright at us so it cools us down quickly.

So, would anyone care to give their opinion?

I want an AC that has both copper coils and a great compressor. And isn’t much over Rs 30,000.

So, is Sharp my best bet? I think Daikin and Mitsubishi are both more expensive than Sharp?

Does Sharp have a display of temperature etc on the body of the indoor unit as Electrolux does?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Back