Choice of IEM with mobilephones

Spectre

Skilled
I am using Samsung Star S5233 mobile. Its great and loaded with nice features
But as expected in sub15K TS phones, it doesn't have 3.5mm jack

So, i bought a samsung in-ear phones, which came with a connecter to host 3.5 mm jack and used EP-630 with it
Though it sounded well, but the depth was not as good as it was on my Ipod Nano
But it was much better than the supplied earphones

My bro has taken ep-630 for the ipod and i need to buy a good IEM

My question is

Will, say a Soundmagic PL-30 increase the quality of sound on this mobile+3.5mm adapter
Or its going to sound same like EP-630 (ie the inherent quality of the IEM is going to get compromised by the mobile+adapter)

Has anyone used their PL-30 with mobile phones ( w or w/o adapters)
How is the quality. Please help. TIS

i use EP630/ Sennheiser CX400 / PL-30 with nokia 5800 , sound quality is good but it is not enough loud and less bass by plugging directly into phone , but after using FIIO amp , sound is 2x louder and almost as good as ipod .

using adapter also doesnt make much difference , got a Gigabyte i120 WM also which needs a converter , i use fiio with that also and sound becomes even better than 5800. PL30 gives less output when directly using with phones i feel .

PL30's sound cracks when fiio is used with phones giving max volume ( lower volume gives very less bass with PL30 which i dont like :( , doesnt have thump like my CX400 ) , EP-630 also but CX400 can handle almost max volume level .

i tried ep 630 n cx500 on a friend's samsung 8mp mobile, difference was considerable but not worth it :) id suggest sticking to good noise isolating earphones for the mobile until u r planning to buy e5 something where a better earphone will be more worth

Pl30 is a better upgrade over Ep630.
I got Pl30 after my EP630 went kaput and i should say they are more lively. The mids are more clearer and i could hear several instruments that i never heard before on EP630. The bass wont be as much as EP630, but the overall feeling is more enjoyable. You will notice the difference over EP630, as soon u put ur Pl30s on.

EP-630 needs proper output to drive it,which many phones cant provide.I have used ep-630 with 5800xm and my modded k550i and there is a huge difference between them.The ep-630 sounds so well with my k550i compared to 5800.I have to keep the volume at just 4 bars.

As Hacker said, these phones do not provide enough juice to drive these earphones. Pair an amp like the E5 and you should have enough power for most earphones.

H@cKer said:
EP-630 needs proper output to drive it,which many phones cant provide.I have used ep-630 with 5800xm and my modded k550i and there is a huge difference between them.The ep-630 sounds so well with my k550i compared to 5800.I have to keep the volume at just 4 bars.
Yep even i think so, hence my query on topic thread. will my phone nullify the quality of good IEMs with a 3.5mm converter as well
If so, no point in investing on anything more than EP-630 i guess

H@cKer said:
whats your max budget
i was thinking at 1 to 1.2k

BF1983 said:
As Hacker said, these phones do not provide enough juice to drive these earphones. Pair an amp like the E5 and you should have enough power for most earphones.
thanks, how about E3, whats the cost of E5
Will it improve the quality / reduce the noice, or just will provide more volume

It will increase the volume yes. But more importantly it will provide more power to your earphones. The bass will get tighter and the sound will distort much less.

The e3 costs about $7. You can get a Soundmagic Pl-30 + E3 for about $28 shipped to your house.

BF1983 said:
It will increase the volume yes. But more importantly it will provide more power to your earphones. The bass will get tighter and the sound will distort much less.

The e3 costs about $7. You can get a Soundmagic Pl-30 + E3 for about $28 shipped to your house.

$28 seems a good deal, where can we order these from exactly?:)

Back