Choice: Wipro vs CGI?

As for the question regarding bonds, as a fresher, you do get offers which dont ask you to sign a bond. Rather there is an arrangement which says that you can leave anytime by giving one months notice or a 3 months pay and the company can similarly give you either one months notice or 3 months pay and say goodbye to you.

Apart from this, please ensure before signing anything that you are not the looser if the company ever thinks of getting rid of you.

@Darthcoder: You cant tell its a good company by saying they gave free iPods.

@archish: i believe there are employees of CTS here.. i forgot who.. maybe they can help you out.

@Karan: Smaller company=you get noticed, yes.
But you said you were interested in the R&D field which Wipro was offering, so that will definitely help out in your MS plans right?

For a starter i would suggest a Better Brand rather then More Money... And come to think of it what would you do with that extra lakh... I know you personally a little bit and according to my calculations money should not matter to you(Not saying this in an offensive way :))... A bigger brand gets you bigger exposure and a bigger outlook towards the whole thing... Also you only said CGI is a service and Wipro is R&D so weigh out yourself which is better...

My cousion sis was also offered jobs from XANSA and Wipro recently... She has to travel to banglore for Wipro and XANSA is here locally in Noida... She is in the same state of mind as you are :)...

CTS in undoubtely a very very very very good company.
now back to point.
wipro has better exposure and a brand name.
i saw if 1 lakh dont matters to you which i know wont get in wipro.
u need a name backup more than tht lakh rt now as it'll help for ur future career.
all the best,
Mr. Panja

CTS ?? Or CGI ?? Or CTS = CGI ?? wait i am confused??? Man Karan Grow up & take your own decisions at times.. Mark your priorities & take the initiative.. Both companies must be good.

CGI = small company, Big amount, bangalore
Wipro = Big company, small amount, hyderabad...

getting noticed shouldnt be of any importance to u as you said u wouldnt be working more than the time specified in the bond.

evil said:
CTS ?? Or CGI ?? Or CTS = CGI ?? wait i am confused??? Man Karan Grow up & take your own decisions at times.. Mark your priorities & take the initiative.. Both companies must be good.

CGI = small company, Big amount, bangalore
Wipro = Big company, small amount, hyderabad...

getting noticed shouldnt be of any importance to u as you said u wouldnt be working more than the time specified in the bond.

hmm evil.....

CGI aint a small company. just that it has a relatively smaller presence in India.

its turnover is almost doubel that of Wipro, with almost half as many employees. 25K vs 50K. so seeing that way, its output per guy its almost 4 times compared to wipro.

food for thought....

I say job satisfaction is very important.

So, if you feel that you would enjoy working at Wipro more, then go for Wipro.

And of course if you want to study further, a name like Wipro will surely help.

Karan...am not saying anything new...but its the job profile that matters and not the money.
The job ur offered at wipro sounds interesting...i suggest u take up on it.
Also, if ur really good, ur growth at Wipro will be really fast.

Which is why i chose wipro as my first priority in the upcoming campus recruitments (interview on jul 3rd)

anyways...good luck for either job and many Congratulations.

pssst...if u R getting into wipro..put in a good word for me :bleh:

Karan said:
hmm evil.....

CGI aint a small company. just that it has a relatively smaller presence in India.

its turnover is almost doubel that of Wipro, with almost half as many employees. 25K vs 50K. so seeing that way, its output per guy its almost 4 times compared to wipro.

food for thought....

CGI's site tells that 46% of its revenues are from System Integration and Consulting.... and consulting is where gets u large revenue with very few consultants... IT services is much lower down the ladder and the per person revenue is much much much lesser... so dont in any way compare a company that earns half its revenue from revenue to a company that does only IT services... its like comparing apple to oranges....

if u really want to compare CGI, then compare it to consulting companies like Accenture, EDS or IBM's consulting wing.... not to any indian IT services company...

If even after this explanation u feel tht the per person revenue better for CGI then try comparing it with Microsoft:bleh: (though its a product company)... the employee strength of Msoft is ~40k-50k but the revenue is 60 billion....

Back