choosing correct components like b450 for amd ryzen 5500GT cpu.

rupeshforu3

Disciple
Hi I am Rupesh and I want to upgrade my pc and found AMD Ryzen 5500GT cpu according to my needs. At present I have Intel i3 10th gen 10100 cpu with Asus prime H 510 me motherboard.

I have chosen gigabyte b450 motherboard which is old and costs less than the recent b550 motherboard. Here both b450 and b550 belongs to AM4 Socket.

I can get b450 motherboard at half the price of b550 motherboard.

Somewhere I read that b550 motherboard is worth only if I use pci 4.0 devices. Is it true.

My present desktop pc has crucial ddr4 ram and gigabyte m.2 nvme 2280 SSD and Corsair cv 450 power supply. Can I use these components in my new ryzen desktop pc.

Finally I am going to build a new pc with the following parts

1) AMD Ryzen 5500GT processor

2) Gigabyte B450 mk revision 2

3) Old Corsair cv 450 power supply with 80 plus bronze rated

4) Old Crucial ddr4 3200 Ram

5) Old Gigabyte m.2 nvme SSD 256 gb.

May I know whether is there any benifit in choosing b550 motherboard instead of b450 motherboard.

Can I choose my old components specified above in the new pc.

Kindly try to clarify my doubts.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Avoid 5500GT & drop the whole idea of upgrade.

Usage for the PC? For basic use, i3 10100 will still be enough.

IMO no point in upgrading from i3 10100 as the upgrade ain't huge, surely 50%+ better but not great by today's standard.

Cinebench R23 scores would be like this IMO:
i3 10100 - 5000+
R5 5500GT - approx 9000
R5 5600 / i5 12400 - 12000+

Just save money & upgrade when you have enough money saved to get something which is good.

B550 is needed to get Gen4 SSD & GPU support but 5500GT & 5600G don't support Gen4 from the CPU side.

Ask AMD for meaning for GT

There's no 5500G, only 5600G. 5500GT seems like an underclocked 5600G, basically chips not enough to be 5600G.

I heard that someone make fake products and sell as if they are original.

Once upon a time while I am walking on the platform I found a seller selling a 64 gb memory card for 100 rupees.

I have examined it and it is looking same as the original.
I searched processors from amd and found entries ending with G,H,U etc., but found only one entry ending with GT ie., 5500GT.

There's no other processor ending with GT.

Last edited:
I searched processors from amd and found entries ending with G,H,U etc., but found only one entry ending with GT ie., 5500GT.

Nobody sells a "fake name processor", they do sell "fake processors" by shipping older processor in new processor packaging but on flipkart open delivery you can clearly see the processor top side metal face with processor model & serial no. mentioned in the side transparent slot in the original processor packaging box. 5500GT is an odd processor not really meant for retail markets kind of like ryzen pro 4xxx G series which was sold only as "OEM" by primeabgb 1-2 years back.

Once upon a time while I am walking on the platform I found a seller selling a 64 gb memory card for 100 rupees.

I have examined it and it is looking same as the original.

But it's listed on the AMD site, isn't it? You found the specs yourself. So how can it be fake. Besides, 5600GT is also there.

IMO, this is not an upgrade worth spending money on, you would barely even feel the difference. If you want to upgrade, wait for some time for Ryzen 8500G prices to drop further and get that. You'll at least feel a significant jump in performance.

Back