PC Peripherals choosing power supply

targetblimp

Disciple
i need a new power supply after my zebronics platinum 500watts broke down....

now considering that i will upgrade in the near future i need a power supply now that can easily handle my future power needs...

will be upgrading in the coming six months when windows 7 is released....maybe an i7 proccy, new architecture cards (SLI, ) whenever they come out , one HDD, two or more fans ....
i have a budget of 7k.....any suggestions??

^Where did you get a quote of 6.5k for the HX620? Dont think that's the price now. HX was once priced close to 7k and dont think it has gone any lower. The recent pricing of the HX is close to 8k. Corsair's notched up the prices of the PSUs. The TX750 is a couple of hundred bucks more.

^Given a budget of 7k and considering you're going the i7 way + SLI, I dont think so. The TX650 could do the job with ease.

went ahead and brought a tx650!!....wOOt!!! :clap:

installed it but the pc turns on and starts beeping :huh:- one long beep and then two short beeps...
whats happening???

well first of all it totally ruined my 8800gts. the whole system would crash after 10 mins of games....i had to get it replaced...its sockets got overheated...i guess it wasnt able to handle the load....its still working but i am keeping it miles away from my card...

and i fixed the problem. seems the ram wasnt properly fit in....hee hee silly me.... :ashamed:

Back