CIBIL/ Experian/ Equifax showing incorrect information- Do check yours!

nRiTeCh

Skilled
While checking my credit score, it shows the total accounts one holds with the detailed card and loan information etc.

While I scrolled through such info. I was shocked to see incorrect info. for many of my cards.

Eg: For ICICI , I hold 2 Active cards but the so called Account nos./ Card nos. shown on CIBIL dashboard is totally incorrect as I dont hold any cards ending with such nos. Nor I held any ex-cards from ICICI which are now closed.
However, the last payment date matches for one of the cards and for other its incorrect.
And this has been for few banks.

1692990630529.png

Its even showing my loan account as active when it was already closed more than 3 months ago.

Will urge everyone to check their reports asap and tally the info. on credit board with physical cards.

Will ring tomorrow my banks and confirm if there exists such accounts/cards on my name.

**Just some random my thoughts running through my mind (might not be true but..)

• We share our aadhar/pan etc. details while opting for credit cards and bank a/cs and these people can very well misuse this important info. and might/can even issue cards on our names to someone else with change in ph. nos. Such possibilities cannot be ruled out.
  • Just like how unknowingly a single person has multiple sims on his name without his consent and knowledge.

Banks use account numbers for credit cards that are totally different from the card numbers. It is possible that cibil is reporting your credit card account number and not the 16 digit card number itself.

As for the closed loan account still showing active, banks usually submit the information to cibil once in a month, so ideally it should take around 45 days for the same to reflect in your account. You should definitely follow it up with the bank.

Last edited:
Banks use account numbers for credit cards that are totally different from the card numbers. It is possible that cibil is reporting your credit card account number and not the 16 digit card number itself.
Does this differs across banks as for few banks its showing the card number as account number while for others its a different no.

As for the closed loan account still showing active, banks usually submit the information to cibil once in a month, so ideally it should take around 45 days for the same to reflect in your account. You should definitely follow it up with the bank.
I already mentioned it has been 100+ days since my loan account got closed.

Does this differs across banks as for few banks its showing the card number as account number while for others its a different no.
For me, SBI is showing card number, but with some extra zeroes at the beginning. ICICI is showing account number (different from card number)

Back