Civilization V

hyperknight

Disciple
Anybody excited for the latest entry into the Civ series? :eek:hyeah:

I used to play Civ IV with my buddies in college. it was an indecent amount of fun! This one should be more interesting considering that they've basically changed the game by changing the movement tiles from squares to hexagons!

This one should kill as well =)

I played CIV4 and i didn't understand anything. Left the game. No offence intended to hyperknight. I just didn't see what to do in the game. Although i've played many RTS games. :(

jojothedragon said:
I played CIV4 and i didn't understand anything. Left the game. No offence intended to hyperknight. I just didn't see what to do in the game. Although i've played pany RTS games. :(
same/similar thoughts here . what do you guys find interesting in Civilization games ?

Havent played much of Civ 4, but had played Civ2 and 3 to death. They are the best turn based strategy can offer, I remember the arduous 5 min wait times on my old Pentium 2 processor, I guess this game will push me towards a processor upgrade :)

Edit Sandeep and Jojo, its I believe personal taste, I played GTA series, and I was like wtf do people rave about this... :p

Civ games are really addictive, atleast for me, especially when you play with your buddies. Been looking forward to Civ 5 and F1 2010 since long, finally both are coming this month, should be fun. :D

In Civ 5, apparently you can only place one unit per tile, which makes combat even more challenging. :hap2:

Been looking forward to Civ 5 and F1 2010 since long, finally both are coming this month, should be fun.

Exactly my thoughts as well...

Just too much fun to start by discovering new religions and learn hunting and winning cities and land by 'Culture'...all the way to launching a space ship to Alpha Centauri...It traverses thru al the ages in a wonderful way.

Civ servies is the best of Sid Meier IMO.

Can't wait for Civ 5, would be great in all regards and much better than Civ 4 hopefully....

The most addictive game I have ever played so far, apart from SI's Soccer manager series....

And as for F1...been a long long time since we had a decent F1 game for PC or for any format actually,

....I guess around 8 years I read somewhere for PC gamers...cant wait !!

Can't wait...Thanks for posting about Civ V.

Have fun gaming...

Can some one run me through the basics of civ 4 please??

Turn Based Strategy game....Quite complicated initially, but too much fun once you get the hang of it...read about Civ 4 on the Wiki and you will learn a lot about it....Give yourself some time to understand the game though its not so easy, but worth the effort....

Well, jojothedragon & sandeepbg, the game is kinda complicated to understand if your new to the series, but once u do understand its an absolute blast. I would recommend jumping onto Civ V because theyve made it much more friendly to newcomers who haven't played any previous Civ games. The concept of being able to make only 1 move per 1 move of your opponent means u have to act way more strategically than in a RTS game, because you cant really be "faster" than your opponent. Plus the whole concept of going all the way from the stone age to the space age is something i really like =)

Can't wait for its release on September 21! The Governor of Maryland has officially declared Sept 21, 2010 as Civilization 5 day! (No jokes im serious here!)

Check out the video review from IGN. Score of 9.0 for the game.

IGN Advertisement

Don't be put off by the fact that it is turn based and hence would be boring. Try it out once and spend some time with it, you'll have sleepless nights.

well you can buy the game digitally from direct2drive or steam for 2500-odd bucks or wait for it to release in india or get the *ahem* version which is already released on pirate bay etc. I'm not sure if civilization games release in India. anybody have any clue? what sucks is piracy cos gamespy is used to connect to multiplayer so theres no real incentive for first timers to pick up the legit version of such a great game.

PS- i live how Giant Bomb calls this game the "anti-starcraft" cos of its turn based features and each game potentially running into 6+ hours to finish hehe. check it out here. 91 on metacritic :clap:

PPS- LF people to play multiplayer with! Disclaimer : Be prepared for games to last several days because i cannot allocated 6-12 hours of any single day to a single Civ 5 game!

Back