Class 11 fail now wants to do nios

Hey guys,
Need some suggestions for a young girl.
My mother's friends daughter failed in class 11(science stream) from a reputed school and now has to repeat but insists on doing nios to save her 1 year.

single mother she is worried and has been asking for suggestions...I have suggested her to be supportive of her daughter for now but I also shared my thought that since she repeating her class and working harder next time be better than going for nios.

I still need to see what would you guys would suggest .

Should she save her 1 year and go for nios ?

Even if she goes through 11th and 12th, the actual graduation is going to be tougher. If she has failed 11 now, chances are she'll struggle even more going forward. People in such situation opt to change stream and start 11th anew. I'm not suggesting anything. These days, higher education doesn't mean a whole lot. It's just a stepping stone to get a graduate college. A year gone is not a big deal. People do it consciously all the time.

I dunno what NIOS is but it sounds like hot garbage like IGNOU. If I were in her place, I'd maybe stop traditional academics and go to learn something technical like designing, web, etc. And then directly try my hands at the job after the course.

If I were in her place, I'd maybe stop traditional academics and go to learn something technical like designing, web, etc. And then directly try my hands at the job after the course.
One failure in life and you're suggesting to leave academics? That too to a child of a single mother?
A good education is extremely important not only to be a better social being but also to have sound knowledge of decision making. Not to mention how important education is for applying to any decent jobs including government jobs like SSC CGL and many more which does require one to be at least a graduate.

Also most decent private jobs also require you to have some qualification of a degree.

Do not go for open education at this point, ask the child what she's interested in if science is not something she really wants to learn then change the field to commerce or arts as per the child's wish. This child will have responsibility of the family sooner or later and needs to do something at least average or above average with their life to support her mother and/or other family members at least until marriage.

Even if she goes through 11th and 12th, the actual graduation is going to be tougher. If she has failed 11 now, chances are she'll struggle even more going forward. People in such situation opt to change stream and start 11th anew. I'm not suggesting anything. These days, higher education doesn't mean a whole lot. It's just a stepping stone to get a graduate college. A year gone is not a big deal. People do it consciously all the time.

I dunno what NIOS is but it sounds like hot garbage like IGNOU. If I were in her place, I'd maybe stop traditional academics and go to learn something technical like designing, web, etc. And then directly try my hands at the job after the course.
She will face further challenges specially with the stream she has taken .
I will talk to her directly soon and share her thoughts for more better suggestion for her.

One failure in life and you're suggesting to leave academics? That too to a child of a single mother?
A good education is extremely important not only to be a better social being but also to have sound knowledge of decision making. Not to mention how important education is for applying to any decent jobs including government jobs like SSC CGL and many more which does require one to be at least a graduate.

Also most decent private jobs also require you to have some qualification of a degree.

Do not go for open education at this point, ask the child what she's interested in if science is not something she really wants to learn then change the field to commerce or arts as per the child's wish. This child will have responsibility of the family sooner or later and needs to do something at least average or above average with their life to support her mother and/or other family members at least until marriage.
Her family is doing decently. Middle class .. Her mother is ready to support her if she wishes to repeat . She infact wants that. But she needs to take care of the family too at some point so yes sort out her life as early as possible in today's competitive world.

BSc, Bcom, BA is a lot of hard work to become a waitress or a receptionist.

On the other hand, women in fitness like nutritionists, yoga-dance instructor make really good money. Good beauticians? they charge in khokas. I haven't seen any architect or interior designer makes less than IT folks. Here, I see tons of ITI folks (that's electrician, plumber, mechanic etc) get directly hired in Australia.

It also depends where you are in India. South Indians aren't obsessed with govt jobs because they have industries. North Indians usually don't have too many options apart from govt jobs so for them graduation is necessary.

She will face further challenges specially with the stream she has taken .
I will talk to her directly soon and share her thoughts for more better suggestion for her.

Her family is doing decently. Middle class .. Her mother is ready to support her if she wishes to repeat . She infact wants that. But she needs to take care of the family too at some point so yes sort out her life as early as possible in today's competitive world.
The competitiveness of the world makes us forget the humanity in it. I have seen several people from poor academic backgrounds do much better in their job life than those who were academically stronger.

It is better to fail early and turn things around than do so later in life, when adaptation is not possible. If it is possible to see a councellor, whom the person can trust, and be completely open with, then probably there will be a better understanding of the true passion. That can become the basis of defining the future path.

Doing something that others do will just make things worse.

I spoke to the parent and the kid yesterday. They've decided to repeat the class .

They sounded much less stressed now . I just hope she understands life has much more difficulties ahead than just class 11.

Glad her mother is so supportive. My parents would have drive me crazy had I failed.

Thanks anyways guys. Appreciate your inputs.

Back