class 11 now

akshitmohan said:
Well, if i take commerce then i'll be going for CA, that's for sure.

So my options are -
B.Com + CA
Comp Sci Engg. + MBA

Which one's better ?

Do you actually have to study 10 hrs a day in 11th and 12th for science ?
naa dont worry u wont have to in the 11 but in the 12 yup a little
to be honest ive never sat for 10 hours a day and still manage to get good marks
2-3 hrs of regular study and ull easilyc cut it

In 11th, about 2 hours a day will do...

But in the 12th, youll have to slog away... My frnds are already slogging for 4 - 5 hours self study, and 5 - 6 hours Classes (like Agarwals, etc..) So thats likes 10 - 11 hours of study... Insane...

See akshit I was a science student,My 11th was pretty cool as I luved bio ,and chem itz not that difficult don't go to what I say or others say ,ask urself will u do it or not.
If u take sci most imp thing is that when u study just pay attention to what u read and under stand even if u study 4 an hour or 10 hrs.

Ya 4 12th I had to take pains cauz I took admission in pvt tuts I was simply running 4m one classto other class and to add the pain was Damn CET .
But way to sucess iz never easy bro.

See kiddo, if you want to excel, you need to work hard. Success doesnt come to lazy people(unless you can call just passing in all your subjects "success" ).

so, whatever you take you will have to work hard to excel.

Of course, commerce stream is somewhat more relaxed.

If you ask me, I say take science in 11th. Mainly because after 12th, from science you can shift to any other branch( two of my best friends did science in 12th and are now doing Bcom and studying for CAT ). But if you take commerce in 11th, then no matter what, you have to stick with it.

that is why most people who are undecided take up science. This will give you another 1- 1 and a half years to make up your mind as to what you want to do in the future.

Well, I'm going to join a study centre like VidyaMandir/Sahgal Study Circle in July. But my summer vacs are almost over. And I haven't studied one bit ... did a bit before that .... in April... after the boards ... so once my centre thing starts(thrice a week for 3/4 hrs) , besides wat i do there, do i havta do more than 6 hrs total in teh 11th ? I'm ready to work hard. But do i need to start now itself ? Or can i take it easy (not flunk or anything, but not go mad) this year and fire on all cylinders only once the 12th starts ?

PS : Just so you know my level, i got 87% in 10th boards /.... French *ked me up ........... Maths - 95 ; English - 86 ; Science - 92; SST - 87 ; French - 73

Don't get all that worked up. It all depends on what subjects you chose but like Ujjwal said, pick the stream in which you best have the interest, and therefore you won't find studying a pain in the ***.

About 11th, plan out the stream and the curriculum, take one or two days just to see if you're on par with the others, if not then gradually start preparing (like 45-200mins per day) but don't stress yourself so early.

I'm gonna stick to PCM+CS. Deciced. But gimme more advice on studies and balancing out play and work(self study and tuition) like parmas7 just did...

Enjoy as much as u can in 11th with a balanced study time table ,like every ones style to study is diff ,I love to study at night so I used 2 do so ,at night I can study 4 hours without a break cauz I use 2 sleep in da evening 4m 6 to 9 ,after college and classes.Plan out ur style according to ur habits.

Once U land up in 12th 4get about play u will hardly get time to sleep during the last months ,so strive 4m begining .

Rogue said:

Once U land up in 12th 4get about play u will hardly get time to sleep during the last months ,so strive 4m begining .
I dont get it.... It is not necessary to do that. Working hard does not mean stop doing the things you love.

When I was in 12th, I used to sleep for 8 hrs a night....comfortably. Take an afternoon nap as well(sometimes upto 2 hrs), read novels, other books, take out half an hour to read the newspaper, go for a swim in the evenings and even do a bit of internet browsing(those were the times I didnt have my own comp).

And of course, talk to friends on the phone.

I scored 97 in Physics, 95 in Chem and 64 in Maths :rofl: The maths screwed me up...In my defence, the paper was tougher than we expected..... Anyway the point is, it is not necessary to scrw up your happiness to do well...

PS: Of course, I was not in CBSE 12th.... I was in the state board called PUC.... Was in CBSE till 10th. But in Karnataka, doing CBSE 11th onwards is useless unless you are preparing for IIT JEE/AIEEE and stuff like that. So, PUC is easier than 12th CBSE...but still..... I worked hard and still didnt feel miserable....

EDIT: Of course, I did start studying from the beginning of 2nd PUC itself. I had tuitions and stuff for a total of 14 months..... April 2003 - end May 2004(when the CET got over).

Well, if i take commerce then i'll be going for CA, that's for sure.

So my options are -
B.Com + CA
Comp Sci Engg. + MBA

Which one's better ?

Do you actually have to study 10 hrs a day in 11th and 12th for science ?
Let me tell you that CA is extremely hard work, not only the study part, but the internship part where u have to work for 3 years (compulsory) for a measly stipend...

I've seen engineering students have more free time than many commerce people (i'm sure most of the engineering students here will have something to say about that :p)...
In any case if you've decided science, then look towards computer engineering after school... And good luck! :)

yeah..... CA is very very very hard work.... there are different levels even in CA.

PE1 itself is very hard. Just passing is considered GREAT. PE2 and PE3 get tougher and tougher..... CA is extremely tough.....

In 11th just concentrate on understanding the concepts well, as they will be the basis for what you do in the 12th (and of course, extremely important if you will give the engineering exams). If you develop a good understanding of physics, mathematics and chemistry, you will find the 12th boards quite a bit easier than the 10th.

Whether or not you go for a classroom coaching for engineering exams is upto you. It certainly helps you for IIT-JEE, but it can be a strain and it is not difficult to do well without it. I did not go for coaching, and well I did not qualify for IIT either, but I managed to qualify with quite a good rank in delhi college of engineering.

Or can i take it easy (not flunk or anything, but not go mad) this year and fire on all cylinders only once the 12th starts ?

You can, but don't do that. Working lightly but steadily over a large period of time is always easier than trying to concentrate all your efforts over a couple of months.

Back