Cloud storage service that doesn't need credit/debit card

kiran6680

Disciple
Hi,
I am looking for a cloud data storage service, which doesn't insist on me submitting my credit/debit card number with them. I would rather pay with NetBanking, and they could generate a bill each month/year which I will again pay with NetBanking, say, within a week.

The services from AWS, Google cloud, Microsoft, all want my card details, and I'm wary of giving these details. Just tried all of these, and they reveal their insistence on the card details only after long sign up processes.

The other features i would like, but might do without, are :
1. Android app to upload, mainly for family members
2. Linux device sync : I'll use it to encrypt before uploading most of the files
3. App itself supporting client side encryption will be a plus

Thanks
Kiran

You can consider to enroll with other members here:

It will be pretty cheap there for 1 year.
Onedrive app on playstore shows in-app purchases, but I cannot find purchase option within Android app, if same is there you can use Netbanking to buy onedrive cloud storage services.

You can consider to enroll with other members here:

It will be pretty cheap there for 1 year.
Onedrive app on playstore shows in-app purchases, but I cannot find purchase option within Android app, if same is there you can use Netbanking to buy onedrive cloud storage services.
That is very useful, thanks.

Hi,
I am looking for a cloud data storage service, which doesn't insist on me submitting my credit/debit card number with them. I would rather pay with NetBanking, and they could generate a bill each month/year which I will again pay with NetBanking, say, within a week.

The services from AWS, Google cloud, Microsoft, all want my card details, and I'm wary of giving these details. Just tried all of these, and they reveal their insistence on the card details only after long sign up processes.

The other features i would like, but might do without, are :
1. Android app to upload, mainly for family members
2. Linux device sync : I'll use it to encrypt before uploading most of the files
3. App itself supporting client side encryption will be a plus

Thanks
Kiran

Google drive can have payment option as Google Pay Balance.

Attachments

• googledrivepayment.png
    googledrivepayment.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 57
Google drive can have payment option as Google Pay Balance.
Yeah, I had tried it yesterday. One must enter card details, otherwise it won't activate the account, even for a free trial. If the card does not support recurring payments, and the next payment fails, then Google will allow other modes of payment.

Yeah, I had tried it yesterday. One must enter card details, otherwise it won't activate the account, even for a free trial. If the card does not support recurring payments, and the next payment fails, then Google will allow other modes of payment.
it might be something new, when i signed up, we have to choose primary payment option and backup.
At that time, only Google Domains needed CC.

FYI, I bought 1 year premium subscription for a service using NetBanking.
I am not worried about next year, will consider at least a week in advance if I have to renew back same.

FYI, I bought 1 year premium subscription for a service using NetBanking.
I am not worried about next year, will consider at least a week in advance if I have to renew back same.
"a service" means Google's cloud storage ? If it is any other reliable storage service, I might consider it.

"a service" means Google's cloud storage ? If it is any other reliable storage service, I might consider it.
Yes, I meant a premium subscription, not cloud storage but something else.
I have bought my 3rd year onedrive storage from the topic mentioned above.

Back