OC & Modding CM 690 Owners. Need help.

hash

Adept
Hello guys,
Need a little help in the fan arrangement in CM 690 II advanced. This case already has a 140 MM front and top fan along with a 120 at the back and they've been rated at 44 CFM..
Now the problem is I feel that the HDD and CPU is running a little warmer than in my old case (A mercury case with sane amount of fans) . So please share your knoledge on the best possible fan configuration for a CM 690 since I guess most of you guys would have got a CM 690 at some point of upgradation .

Also , should intake fans have more CFM than exaust ? What the sweet spot CFM for a fan ? One last question , I have purchased the CM 690 II Advanced over the NZXT Tempest EVO was that a good choice?

Please help me in solving these queries .

Fan Configuration for CM 690 or CM 690 II.

Front Fan - Intake

Top Fans - Exhaust

Side Panel Fans - Intake

Bottom Fan(s) - Intake

Rear Fan - Exhaust

80mm CPU Fan Behind Motherboard - Intake

If Intake Fans have more CFM than exhaust ones then total air intake in the system is more than total air exhaust.

in this case temps are higher.

If Intake Fans have less CFM than exhaust ones then total air intake in the system is less than total air exhaust.

so,automatically air is being sucked into the case to level the negative pressure.

in this case temps are lower.

about CM 690 II & NZXT Tempest EVO,i believe that both are very good cases & it's the matter of perception who like or prefers the look of which case.

although IMO i feel that the build quality of CM690 is better than Tempest (i'm not comparing new versions) but i'm not sure about the current versions as they are updated.

but i do like that Tempest EVO comes with all fans which CM 690 II doesn't.

Thanks naveen for clearing the intake and exhaust theory...

Now about the Fan configuration , I think you misunderstood me.

I wanted to the best way to have fans in the cm 690 . Right now I have 2 140 One in the front and back and One 120 in the rear. So where else do I need to add for best cooling?

Attachments

• DSC01119.jpg
    DSC01119.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 49
^ you can add one 140mm fan on the top as exhaust + 120mm fan on the side panel for better cpu cooling..

the more you add the better the cooling will be & so will be the loudness.. :p

if money doesn't matters then you can also add one fan on the bottom for intake.

Back