PC Peripherals CM Real Power Pro 460 - Messed up my life.

rahul.cnbc

Disciple
:huh: hye friends

whensoever there is a problem i always turn up for help to TE, n i go it

this time too u Homies provided me the bets of the suggestions - pro n cons.

Thanks a lot for that stop by for a noobe.:rofl: :clap: :cool2: :eek:hyeah:

This problem starts here, in order to play the games i needed a GPU, n i ended up buying MSi 9800gt, then i conditions PUSHED ME to buy a CM Real Power Pro 460 - in order to run the GPU,

i was using a stock smps earlier - n i was able to download 4-5 Gb daily from my 500c bsnl plan. now after switiching to CM Real Power Pro 460 n the card , my computer gets reebooted even at a small flicker of mains, earlier it was not so - flickers did't affected me - i used to download all night long without a boot up.

i thought that it might be my old 600va microtek heritage ups , that is not able to handle the new loads , so i bought 1000va double battery ups - it claims to protect from power fluctuation in range of 130-300 volts.

i changed it for 10 hrs as said, before the first use but the condition is still the same, my unit boots up every 10 - 15 mins, even i am using a logitech 5kv power fluctuation protecter from last 3 years n got a 1400 va sucam ups wala inverter also. but it's of no use with the new CM Real Power Pro 460.

i am stuck man:huh: :mad: - what should i do..........

n one more thing as u guys suggested , my procy (p4 3.0 intel - oc'd to 3.5Ghz,) may bottleneck the card. as i am playing either racegrid or ,Assassin's Creed - the games don't run smooth - goes kind of slow motion even if i takes the grafix to 1024*768 . do i need to upgrade the proccy or is there any other way out............plz suggest

Thanks a ton in advance.......

Connect old PSU, remove the 9800GT and use onboard video for now. Atleast this way you can download again.
I'd like to help you out but i have no knowledge/experience in this matter.
Wait for other members to post suggestions, till then try to relax a bit :)

PS: You MAY have to RMA the PSU. Shoudn't be a problem if that is the case.

on wat mobo r u using u 9800gt??????? the p4 ur using in ur pc will make d 9800gt work like a 8500 or a 8600gt(huge bottleneck).

Try dis thing, put ur old psu and try running d 9800gt on it for some time and see if d problem still persists. dont keep ur 9800gt running on ur old psu for a longer time as it can be dangerous.(run it just to check).... Will post after u do dis.....

Run the same rig without the 9800 GT, only onboard, and see if fluctuation affects. If YES then u might need to RMA the PSU sucker. If NO then possibly you are drawing the limit power from PSU & may need to upgrade.

dragon_unleash said:
on wat mobo r u using u 9800gt??????? the p4 ur using in ur pc will make d 9800gt work like a 8500 or a 8600gt(huge bottleneck).

Try dis thing, put ur old psu and try running d 9800gt on it for some time and see if d problem still persists. dont keep ur 9800gt running on ur old psu for a longer time as it can be dangerous.(run it just to check).... Will post after u do dis.....

i am using Asus P5KPL CM - bought 3months back along with 800mhz 2gb stick.
:S

axeman said:
Run the same rig without the 9800 GT, only onboard, and see if fluctuation affects. If YES then u might need to RMA the PSU sucker. If NO then possibly you are drawing the limit power from PSU & may need to upgrade.

i did that but cpu reboots even though...... What is this RMA Thing...:eek:hyeah:

Me too struggling with same reboot problem since last year.I have tried changing the ups and PSU and the problem still exists.Please help us guys.

It seems like the P4 has died............................ Chnage to E5200 for rs. 3k (give up ur p4 for .5k) and ul be happy :)

Dont OC ur Processor and try again... it seems like an unstable OC. + u dont have a aftermarket cooler either.

Also, get ur PSU replaced if posible in 1 day. Tell the dealer its Defected On Arival (DOA :p )

But do try to shift to e5200 combo as ur p4 cannot run games like GRID, Etc.. It jst dsnt hav the processing power to cope up with the 9800GT

Back