PC Peripherals CM690 II Advanced vs Air Cooler/Desert Cooler

Rogues

Disciple
I think the weird topic title got your attention. Now that I have it, let me make things a little more clearer.

I live in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. I currently have a Q6600 with a 9800GT housed inside a CM 430. The Q6600 runs at stock and is cooled by a Hyper TX3. The CM430 has a 12 cm fan on the front as intake and a 12 cm fan at the back as exhaust. The temperatures here are getting really high and I feel I need to prepare in someway.

I have 6.5k set aside for this purpose. Now with this I can either go for a CM 690II which I feel is the best(est) cabinet for it's price range. It's huge and has ample cooling options and I can use this with my future builds as well. I mean the FEATURES available on it for 4.8K are just insane.

OR

I can go for a room cooler/desert cooler. A desert cooler/evaporative cooler would be pretty good for the dry conditions in Hyderabad. But I'm not entirely sure how much this would help my PC because that alone is my top priority. My room is about 12 x 12 feet square. Any recommendations for this would be quite welcome

So what do you guys think the best choice right now would be? I need what's best for the PC. Also note that I will eventually buy both . If the cooler provides adequate cooling, I'll delay getting the cabinet by about 2 months or so.

Thank you,

Rogues.

Can you post some temperature readings?

And a side-shot of your cabinet so we can see how crowded your components are.

A room cooler won't help your PC temperatures much.

IMO the room cooler or the cabinet won't bring any significant change.You will have to purchase a new aftermarket cooler in order to see a good change in temperature.Buy a new heatsink or if possible a new cabinet and a heatsink.

There are the temps :

temps.JPG

CPUTIN Sensor is obviously not functioning properly. Under load that went upto around 77C. AUXTIN went upto about 61C. This is the inside of my case :

DSC00372.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

Note that I'm using an Iball Sprinter 600 for the time being. I have a Corsair 550VX that is gone for RMA. I've been using the Sprinter for the past 15 days, and it has done the job quite well.

Edit : I used the Lavalys Everest to perform the load test. Max Temps were recorded after running it for 10 minutes.

Oh and I'm also getting a thermal paste. The original thermal paste that I applied with this heatsink was a cheap roadside paste so that might very well be the culprit for this.

Your temps are high for Hyper TX3. Before you invest in a room cooler or a cabinet, i suggest you try re-installing the CPU cooler. Use a good quality TIM, that should take care of your heating problem. I have personally used the TX3 on a similar config in a cheap case and the temps don't go above 55 on load (while gaming).

Regards

Sanket

# Rogues Your cable management is horrific (pun intended). Please tend to the issue & with proper airflow you would see some improvement. If you do go for CM690 II then get the one with a side window since its only 250 bucks more...

#[member='HailStonE'] Yes I know, the problem is CM 430 has no options for Cable Management. Anyways I'm getting a CM 690 II Advanced

Your cabinet is quite roomy, especially around the CPU area. The mess of cables is only at the bottom. I don't think a new cabinet is going to make the difference you expect.

As people have said above, use a better thermal paste first.

Back