Colin Mcrae - DiRT.....check it out

_pappu_

Skilled
just played the demo :)

played at 1024X768 at high settings(not ultra which is max in the game) with 4xAA/16XAF

the demo has 3 races which are 3 different modes and i am astounded by how good it is....amazing details in every aspect and the engine sounds...OMG!!!

awesome game for all racing fans :D

here are screens from 2 of the races....btw it gave 25-30 fps and is completely playable and smooth at high for the 8600gt users :)

look at that sky!!

the car with shadows on itself

cant get enuf of the sky :bleh:

wow what damage...i was driving with one hand on f10 so dont jump to conclusions :)

the buggy race

look at all that mud in the car...the car is clean when it starts...amazing

totaled :( my race ends here...bye

^^i know that nobody noticed...but the first 3 screens are at ultra settings at 5fps

my point is this::

all you 8800 users...NANANANANANANANA

i cant really see the difference in the first 3 and the rest...can somebody point it out?

I installed this game very eagerly, but it totally annihilated my system. Uninstalled a few days later without completing a single race.

I thought the game would be junk,turns out i was wrong,its fun.Its bundled with some graphic cards..haven't had much time to play online tho..

OT: On what settings does my system be able to run DiRT? The specs are...

AMD X2 3600+
2BG Transcend DDR2 RAM
XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

^^the game has preset low,medium,high and ultra

it will run on high...which has all settings to high with 4xAA and i had 16xAF on from the nvidia control panel too

ultra gives 5 fps and high gives 25-30fps...but i couldnt see the difference in the 2 settings

this game is kinda old now...

it wont work on high on my laptop but it used to run great on Ultra-high settings on my desktop.. i have a 8800gts(640mb) on my desktop

i tried ultra on my pc (e6550, 2gb ram, 8800GT 512mb). it was playable.. felt like about 25-30fps. i'm not sure how to check.

testing high now. i want more fps lol.

use fraps to check your fps.
the game may be old but still taxes the system pretty much as much crysis does.
oh and OT won't you like to thank the kind soul who gave it to you.:eek:hyeah:

comes with my card but not installed yet but pretty sure wil run smooth on ultra though... by d way hows d game overall? coz i doesn't feel happy playing NFS ProStreet so much nuts n bolts on game menu to play a simple race...

my god, all that hassle for just some graphics ? y don't u ppl buy a console instead ? ;) !!! jus kiddin......

played dirt on my 360, absolutely rocking !!! i just luv to crash the car n view the slow mo replay !!!

Back